North Wales Police Chief at it again - Alwyn
In 1955 there were 823 robberies in England and Wales. In year 2000 there were 95,154. And the response by The Chief Constable of North Wales, Richard Brunstrom? ?Lets crush the motorist?

He now wants road deaths treated as homicides until proven otherwise. Is it his wish to make drivers afraid of venturing out in their cars in case they become the subject of a homicide investigation should they be involved in an accident?

He says ?There is now recognition at all levels of society that the investigation of road deaths is core police work. Many road deaths should be treated as homicides until proven otherwise?

Where has this "recognition" come from? Never heard it before.

Wanna buy a car?
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Tomo
So, one is going to be jailed for years for being unlucky?
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Honest John
They're not all bad. I met Derek Kenworthy today. He is the Chief Constable for the North Yorkshire Police and is anti speed camera. He told me there are no fixed speed cameras in N.Yorks; just a couple of mobile ones and plenty of publicity is given before they are brought out. The pressure for these things is all political. The guy does have a problem, though: masses of born again bikers who roll out onto the North Yorks Moors every Saturday and Sunday and kill themselves, usually in single bike accidents.

HJ
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Brian
Would he also class a pedestrian jaywalking into the road as suicide, I wonder?
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - crazed idiot
the government is holding an inquiry into speed enforcement issues, and are inviting you all to write in!

www.parliament.uk/commons/selcom/tlgrpnt15.htm

The Transport, Local Government and the Regions Committee has decided to undertake an inquiry into the nature and effects of illegal and inappropriate road traffic speed in the UK.
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - FfwlCymraeg
Cythraul gwirion.

Slobs twp.
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Islamists Out
deleted

Martyn (BRM)
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Alwyn
Just looked that up in my Welsh dictionary. Quite mild really. It means silly devil.

I can think of other descriptions.
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - FfwlCymraeg
I would have thought that someone with a wonderful Welsh name like Alwyn could speak God's language.

Ah well, never mind!

FfwlCymraeg
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Andy
Notice how they carefully lump together 'illegal and inappropriate' speeds. There is a world of difference between going over the posted limit (illegal) and driving like a man posessed past a school at lunchtime (inappropriate).
Many of our roads now display stupidly low limits, and exceeding them is illegal but not necessarily inappropriate.
These people are so naive it would be funny if it weren't so sad.
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - richard turpin
Careful Tomo, the poor sod whose Land Rover ended up on the railway was unlucky. There but for the grace of God go I!
In the 50s in the US, at the entrance to their motorways "Freeways", there were advertisments for a product called "No Doze", some pills to keep you awake on long straight roads at 55 MPH. I suppose it was a form of speed!
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Alwyn
Now you can buy Pro-plus. A caffeine tablet equal to a cup of strong cofee to keep you awake.
Re: North Wales Police Chief at it again - Dwight Van-Driver
H.J.

Just picked myself up after falling off chair after reading your post above.
(U No wot I mean)

North Yorks Police in bad financial trouble, nearly 4 million overspend, so where is there a source of revenue?. Can he resist? Police Committee has gone cap in hand to Blunkett who no doubt will advise Speed Cameras staffed by Scouts and Girl Guides, all sworn in with powers of arrest etc.

Re bike fatalities on the Moors, it's the cotton tops in their second childhood coming in conflict with baas that have not read the Highway Code about Pedestrians which wander all over the road, drunk and sober.

regards
DVD (R.A.F.P.)