Quick question on valuation ideas - Rob E
hi,

am trying to sell my car at the moment, but not having much luck! I think the problem is the price:

car is a 95 M suzuki swift, 67,000 miles, fsh, recent tyres, battery, cambelt, MOT Oct 05 and tax to end of june. Book price is £815, but I really think this is too much. What would you say is a more realistic price (it's in vgc inside, and good outside, though some scuffs here and there, no rust).

I realise these are tricky cars to sell in the trade, but for someone wanting a decent and reliable runaround you can't fault them. Need to sell it within 2 weeks - taking up a job in poland teaching for 5 months.

Many thanks,

Rob.
Valuation ideas - Rob E
Anyone?
Valuation ideas - DavidHM
Sub £500 or even £400 if you need a quick sale in the local paper, but it may now take too long to get the ad in... If you're confident it'll pass an MoT then get a new test done.

Otherwise eBay with some good photos, no reserve and see what you get. If you're only abroad for a relatively short period of time, could you either consider taking the car there (I seem to recall them being quite popular in Germany when I lived there eight years ago, so many of these would now have found their way east - spares no problem and I think they were probably made in Hungary by then anyway) or storing it with or even lending it to a friend or relative?
Valuation ideas - stokie
Try advertising at work if that's feasible, might appeal to a parent looking for a first car for their offspring, I've just sold my 106 this way.
Sticker in the window parked outside the supermarket?