Toyota Main dealer service - Eric355
I've just had my Yaris serviced at a Toyota garage. I found that they over filled it with oil, did not top up engine coolant, over filled washer reservoir and over inflated the tyres. Also the oil that they used (Shell Helix Plus 10w40.) is not the viscosity recommended in the handbook. Good service Toyota!
Toyota Main dealer service - mark999
I had exactly the same problems with my Toyota agent, they even carried out a coolent change which they said was not necessary when they quoted for the service.
If I were you I would change the oil for the reccomended 5w-40, with the 10w-40 Shell oil my yaris always had a dry top end when starting from cold. National do a £25 oil and filter change with 5w-40 if you dont want to do it yourself.
For servicing I now usa a local garage and supply them with genuine parts

Mark
Toyota Main dealer service - Dynamic Dave
Due to our Naming/Shaming policy, I've removed the locations of the Toyota garages from this thread. Although you haven't actually named the dealer by name, their location *could* be enough to identify who they are.

DD.

Toyota Main dealer service - Tomo
Does the policy work the other way? Anyway, my Toyota dealer has been very good, even though I am taking in what is now an obsolete model with no present counterpart.

I live in Dundee (easily deleted)!
Toyota Main dealer service - Dynamic Dave
No Tomo. By all means give a positive mention of a garage that's given you good service.
Toyota Main dealer service - Cardew
Have nothing but praise for the Toyota main dealer who services SWMBO's Yaris Verso(Shrewsbury) - in a different league to any VW dealer I have found for my car.

Incidentally the car recently needed 2 new tyres(Bridgestone 175/65TR14). I looked on the internet for a price guide - including Micheldever tyres who I usually find the cheapest. Anyway the cheapest were from this Toyota main dealer at
£36 each - stocked and fitted on their premises.
Toyota Main dealer service - David Horn
Surely if they cocked up your service you should take the car back to them and ask them to fix the problems, and give you your money back. Alternatively, get it re-services somewhere else and send them the bill. A letter to Toyota UK wouldn't go amiss, either.
Toyota Main dealer service - Eric355
Am I being too pedantic to expect main dealer to use oil which is recommended in the handbook?