VW servicing - terry
have a T reg Polo up to now I have had it serviced in VW garages so have a full VW service history, but at a price!! is it worth keeping this up or should I get it serviced somewhere cheaper?

Angie
VW servicing - Roger Jones
If you intend to keep the car for a long time, switch to a good independent; I found one via the local independent VW accessories shop, and if you can find one via personal recommendation then so much the better. Check them out first: meet them and see if they convince you as a long-term carer for your car.

If you are likely to sell it soon, you may consider that the VW dealer stamps will convince a buyer that the car has been properly serviced and is therefore worth more than it would be otherwise. No dealer stamps will ever convince me, given the experience I've had with Ford, VAG and MB dealers over the past 20 years.

I've sold only one car during that period. I was happy to invite the prospective purchaser to contact the guy who had been servicing it, and he was much comforted by that too. That's something you can't really do with dealers.
VW servicing - Robin Reliant
After my experience of VAG servicing, if I was viewing a used car and it had a full main dealer history I would run a mile.
VW servicing - oldtoffee
>>After my experience of VAG servicing, if I was viewing a used car and it had a full main dealer history I would run a mile.

My thoughts exactly. I had a Passat for nearly 4 years and 80,000 miles. The incompetence of the VW dealers particularly the service departments (I tried 3) beggared belief. Find a good independent and do you and your car a favour. When you come to sell the car and anybody questions you, point them here ;-)
VW servicing - Stuartli
I've a five-year-old Bora and, since I got it nearly two years ago, the basic work such as MOT tests and oil and filter changes have been entrusted to National with complete success; even more importantly, the cost is a fraction of the local VW service centre with MOTs, for instance, at half-price.

www.national.co.uk/

Original Equipment parts are readily available and, again, at greatly reduced costs from G(erman), S(wedish) and F(rench) Car Parts:

www.gsfcarparts.com/

You can order online or visit one of its outlets - a catalogue can be ordered online and you can find out for yourself just how reasonable its prices are for various marques.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by