CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - darren sass
I have just bought a new Blaupunkt CD/radio (double DIN size)from E-bay to fit a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa. The CD/radio went in to the cage the standard radio/cassette (Philips CAR 2004) was in, and the 3 plugs at the back all aligned, however there is nothing showing on the dashboard display, and unit cannot be turned on to enter security code.

The only sign that there is power getting to the new unit is that the red security light is flashing.

Unfortunately the new CD/radio did not come with a wiring diagram, and doesn't have a wiring sticker on it so I cannot compare it to the Philips radio/cassette.

As the Blaupunkt unit is shaped to fit Vauxhall/Opel cars I would have thought the wiring arrangement would have been the same as the Philips!

Has anyone come across this before, and if so please can you advise which wires need moving to make this CD/radio work.

Thanks

Darren
CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - NickS
I had a 1998 Astra with a Philiphs car 400 in, which i replaced with an aftermarket Blaupunkt CD player. The wiring looked the same but i still needed to buy an adaptor for it to work. Obviously as it was aftermarket it might be different and i wasnt needing to use the in dash display, thouhgt it might help though
CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - Civic8
Wiring is usualy the same.Configuration different..If you look at rear of both radios. the pins may be in different places. which as mentioned before will require an adapter..This may not give on dash display..as aftermarket types have it on the radio. Dash display will still give time and temp though.
--
Steve
CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - Dynamic Dave
Try removing the plugs from the cage and connecting them directly into the back of the stereo. It could be that the cage in the dash doesn't match the stereo you're trying to fit into it 100%.

I take it you didn't get the cage with the stereo you bought off of ebay?
CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - darren sass
Dave,

Cage was exactly the same.

I unplugged the 3 ISO connectors from the cage as that was my first thought, but the result was the same.

The Blaupunkt is the factory fit model model for Opel Corsa/Meriva in Europe, that's why I thought the ISO connectors would have been wired in the same configuration as that for UK models.

Darren
CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - trancer
Any chance of the radio itself being faulty?. Who was selling it on Ebay?. Was a it a one off item from a private seller (unloading a duff radio they couldn't get to work) or was it a retailer who has sold others in the past?. Anyway you can try the radio in another car?.

CD/Radio For 2002 Vauxhall Corsa - Andy P
The unit may fit, but its a different make to the one you're replacing, so the display on the dashboard won't work. These split radio/displays are designed to work only with the original Philips units (thus tying you in to Vauxhall if you need a replacement). The Blaupunkt you've bought might work in a 2002 Corsa, but only if it had an identical unit fitted in the first place.

Andy