Manchester to Perth (Scotland) - Happy Blue!
I know its last minute, as I am leaving at 5:15am Tuesday morning, but I'm wondering about the route. The AA, RAC and Multimap.com route finders all suggest the same route which is up the M6,M74 then go via the east of Glasgow on a series of dual carriageways and motorways and then onto the A9 and into Perth.

I wonder if the A702 via Edinburgh and over the Forth Road Bridge is any better?

Thanks in anticipation.

PS the weather is meant to be fine all day.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Manchester to Perth (Scotland) - mike100
Go with the route finder suggestions. Dual carriageway all the way - once out of Lancashire, the only slowish section is for a few miles on the A80 east of Glasgow.

The A702 is scenic but frustratingly slow. And the Edinburgh ringroad onto the Fourth Road bridge is a right bodge, unless you dodge round via the M8/M9, which isn't much better. In the rush hour it becomes horrendous.
Thanks
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Manchester to Perth (Scotland) - BobbyG
Definitely go with your route finder. I would guess it is saying M74, M73, A80, M80? The A80 stretch can be slow at times but guess rush hour will have cleared by time you reach that. As HJ says, lots of speed cameras on road before Perth, especially around Dunblane area.
Thanks all. I'm off to bed to be up in time and i'll watch out for the speed cameras.
--
Got back in one day and one piece. It's lovely driving up north as there is little traffic and 530 miles was dead easy. Imagine doing Manchester to London return and then back to Milton Keynes in one day! Cruise control makes it so easy and the whole trip including about 3 and 1/2 hours in Perth was done in just under 12 hours.

Hopefully no flashes from cameras, but saw a mobile unit over the M74 going south. Cruise set on 85mph -oops - hopefully saw it in time...............

First major run in my new (to me) Subaru Forester Turbo Auto. Lovely cruiser although certainly thirsty 26mpg :-( Great ride though - nice high profile tyres makes going over speed bumps a doddle. The non-turbo version is even better at that, but the torque of the Turbo is great for overtaking lorries on two-lane stretches.
--