Truck Driving - pastyman
Hi to No Do$h,
I totally agree with every word you said about wagon driving, i too am also a artic driver (heavy haulage up to 80 tonnes) with a few moans about your average car driver who do not realise what is involved with driving a artic. I think that the car test should have a Lgv realisation module added to the test, so that some car drivers will have half a clue as to positioning on a roundabout when approaching a artic.
As you said in your rant about accelaration, what about braking ?, you can see it now, Blondie with the two kids on the way to school in a 4x4 not out of place in the middle of the Rockies, "Oh that big beastly lorry thing, it has lots of wheels so it must have lots brakes, so can stop faster, i,ll just nip in front of him", this view is apparant everyday.
We just have to bite our tongues, put the primus on for another brew and behave like the lone musketeer, "All for one, sod the rest".
Keep it safe and keep em spinning.

Pastyman...
Truck Driving - No Do$h
Agree wholeheartedly pastyman, although the words were those of Rob K. As one of the moderators on the site I was able to post it to the top of the page to remind people of the need to think from the trucker's perspective.

Probably a good idea for me to keep quiet about my plans to purchase a 4x4..... ;o)