fiesta mk4/5 exhaust replacement - pastyman
Hi Chaps,
The exhaust on my W reg Mk4/5, 1.25 Zetec fiesta has started to blow just where the pipe goes into middle silencer, weld has gone. I have never changed an exhaust before on a Fiesta and its the original one from new and it looks like the whole thing, from the flanged joint with the two bolts, rearwards has to be replaced. The rear box has started to rust also, so it might be worth replacing at the same time as its an all in one system.
How easy a job is this and can anyone tell me what the cost of parts is likely to be ?
Pipe fracture looks imminent, so i would appreciate any help as soon as possible please.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Pastyman...
fiesta mk4/5 exhaust replacement - Simon
You will most likely find that any replacement exhaust for it will come in seperate pieces and the one long piece (including the middle silencer) is only fitted from new. I assume this has something to do with making the car assembly process easier. So therefore you will require a centre section and you might as well fit a new rear section while you are at it. You could theoretically cut the old 'rear section' off and re-use it but really and truely with the hassle involved you might as just fit a new rear section as well. Don't forget to buy the relevant clamp for the 'new' joint where the centre section/rear section will join.
fiesta mk4/5 exhaust replacement - IanT
Once you have got the prices for the pipes, clamps, nuts, hangers and a tube of assembly paste, compare the total with your local free-fit exhaust place. The parts may cost more than a fitted system.

Ian
fiesta mk4/5 exhaust replacement - RichieW
This webpage should give you an idea of prices and has a pretty good diagram of the parts. Its all broken down so you can compare prices with the usual fast fit boys.

www.buypartsby.co.uk/exhausts_details.php?recordID...5
fiesta mk4/5 exhaust replacement - Civic8
Would be inclined to replace whole lot..pay Kwik fit to do it.or any sensible Exhaust centre to do it..If any probs they sort out and give a warranty. and at the end of day easy life for you..if as you say not done one before. can be more grief than they are worth.
--
Steve
fiesta mk4/5 exhaust replacement - pastyman
Thanks very much for all your replies chaps.
R.T. Rates, Ford Rapid Fit, Hogg Lane, Grays, Essex.
£119.50 inc vat, supplied and fitted plus a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. All done in half an hour on my way home from work this evening. Customer service i thought was very good.
Parts are all Ford Motorcraft branded rather than unknown pattern parts.

pastyman...