Pug 405 1.9TD L Reg Exhaust - PugConvert
Have a leak at the front end of my exhaust where the pipe meets the manifold. Not got my hands dirty yet but am advised there are two springs which seal the joint but allow the pipe to move about. Wondered if this is going to turn into a nightmare finger nipping job or if it is relatively easy? Any tips would also be appreciated!

Have a similar running and starting prob to some other diesel pugs mentioned on here. Difficult to start and lumpy idle but pulls well and seems to drive normally. Sounds like new injectors but I'd like to check the diesel pump timing first - how is it done? Thanks a lot
Pug 405 1.9TD L Reg Exhaust - Crinkly Dave
This is fitted to my diesel and petrol Peugeots. Two bolts pass through a collar which goes behind the "bell" formed at the end of the exhaust pipe and through a flange on the exhaust manifold. Springs around the bolts force the "bell" against the flange, with a fibre ring between the two to form a seal.
Changed a few over the years. You need a 10mm spanner and socket, and it may be easier to get access from below with a long extension. Gets very hot, and seizes, and you usually break one of the bolts. Do it cold, as you can easily get burnt if you don't. Spraying with easing oil doesn't always work
Pattern parts can be slightly different, so don't throw the old one away without checking. Original Peugeot may be worth the money! The fibre ring can fail also, rather than the mechanism
Frankly, I have found it better to take it to a local independent exhaust fitter (Stoke on Trent), as the extra few pounds over doing it yourself is worth it, and he gives a year's guaranteee.