Second hand CRX - Lee H
I've got a friend who's looking to spend ~£5k on a second hand car. She wants something sporty, but doesn't fancy taking a chance with a shabbered (import) MX-5.

She's saying she quite likes the Honda CRX (new version) and there's a good few to be found at £4-5k.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for alternative options, or experiences with the car?

Thanks,
Lee

I suggested a Xantia Activa, but she's having none of it, I just don't understand....

* HJ says in the breakdown that there's not much to worry about with the CRX save ABS & discs.
Re: Second hand CRX - Andy
I read somewhere, possibly in HJ's column, that the VW Corrado has stopped depreciating. Many seem to be selling for around £4,000 - £5,000 so might be worth considering.

Yours

Andy
Re: Second hand CRX - AndyS
Why not hunt out a carefully maintained UK supplied MX5? G/H platers go for less than £5k in private sales now. I recommended this to my Mum who bought a red G plate, 2 owners, 80k miles, fmsh for £4700. An inspection showed no faults and she is thrilled.
I drove a CRX recently and thought it was uninspiring, dead-feeling and not very fast. Certainly not a patch on an MX5 for fun!