omega 2.0 engine - crashinvestigator
hi folks , I have been searching all day for some where i can get a 2 liter engine for my omega, i brought it a month ago and it was running great but had 1 months mot so got it cheap, i tried to mot it today and it failed on emitions, it smokes a bit at start up and idles erraticly the garage told me the engine has had it , i got it compression tested this after noon and was told 2 pots have low compression, then the guy turned around and told me he would part-ex my car for £500 against any car on his fore court which sounded dodgy to me so am not sure about what he said now, i did an oil change 2 weeks ago and the oil was ok no water or coolant. have read the conversations and am thinking about the engine centre in stratford london , has any one used them and what are they like can i trust them , i live in cambridgeshire if you know any where else better, cheers,
omega 2.0 engine - DavidHM
Probably doesn't matter too much but...

1. How old is the car?

2. What's its mileage, specification, colour and body style?

3. Apart from the engine, does it have any other problems or is it generally very sound?

4. £500 for a tired Omega with no MoT could be a brilliant deal. However if he'll do that for any car on the forecourt then you have to wonder whether they are overpriced to begin with.

5. How did you buy the car? From a dealer, as a trade sale, a mate, etc.?
Hi
The car is an N reg, it is in very good condition all round other than the engine, and i brought it from a private seller in nottingham. I wont get rid of the car so am looking to either repair or change the engine.
omega 2.0 engine - Pugugly {P}
www.vauxbits.f9.co.uk/
www.247spares.co.uk/vauxhall-parts
cheers for the web sites i'll have a look now
do you know a realistic price i could expect to pay for an engine?
omega 2.0 engine - Dynamic Dave
To add to Pugugly's links -

www.dixonsvauxhallspares.co.uk/

Turn your speakers off first though, before clicking the above link.
omega 2.0 engine - smokie
This thread tells the tale of an Omega engine replacement and should give you some pointers when arranging the work. Although it mentions a Stratford dealer, the work doesn't not appear to have been done there.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post?f=2&t=13979
cheers , i think ill forget the stratford dealer and try to buy an engine froma scrap yard or a whole car for breaking then nick the bits off it.
just have to get the haynes manual out to do engine re build.
Thank you to all who helped with my engine problem it is now sorted and passed its MOT today after 5 days of stripping the engine down and £260,
cheers
omega 2.0 engine - Hugo {P}
Thank you to all who helped with my engine problem it
is now sorted and passed its MOT today after 5 days
of stripping the engine down and £260,
cheers

Well done mate!

I think that is termed - A Result

Thanks for letting us know anyway.

Hugo
omega 2.0 engine - Pete M
Very well done, it takes a bit of effort to start on a job like that, but once you've done it you feel a real sense of achievement.
We need more people with nous out here in New Zealand. Ever considered it? Our No 8 wire, baling twine, pioneering spirit seems to be dying out.
omega 2.0 engine - SjB {P}
When I made my post in your other thread suggesting that you take the courage to have a go, I really hoped that you would. That you did, and the result is the right one, is excellent news. Any feelings of self satisfaction every time you now turn the key are entirely justified. Well done!
omega 2.0 engine - Happy Blue!
A far braver man than me. Well done!

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?