Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - dj ck
Hi,
Anyone able to offer any advice on where to run cables through from the battery (ie, where abouts on the firewall is appropriate?)
It's a diesel engine, so I don't want to inadvertantly let any fumes through, obviously positioning and correct gromets are important!

Chris.
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - itchy
I have an amp in my dt boot. I put a hole through the bulkhead first time round. ANyway best way I can describe it is open the bonnet, passenger side there is a little well, drilling a hole in there brings it out behind the top glove box. But if you have a multimeter best thing to do is find a permanent live on the back of the fuse box and take a feed off there. Saves loads of drilling / potential leaks etc. For the ground I ran a cable to one of the rear bumper bolts in the little well under the boot lid.
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - Andrew-T
IIRC one of the fuses in the dash fusebox has two alternative positions allowing the radio to be 'live' with or without the ignition on. Then use the outlet from that.
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - Altea Ego
How powerful is the amp? If using an existing feed inside the passenger cell make sure you dont exceed the capacity of the feed.
I think it would draw too much power for that... it's a Fusion amplifier for a sub (the 12" package in Halfords at the moment for £200)... I believe it's approx. 150-200 RMS at a guess.

It seems the best place to drill a hole is, as above, where the top glovebox is... now just to work out the best way to feed the wires under the carpet!
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - Andrew-T
Better only use it with the engine running then! :o)
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - Number_Cruncher
Wherever and however you route the cables, please make sure that they are appropriately fused. An unfused wire shorting to earth begins to glow red hot very quickly!

number_cruncher
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - Civic8
Power cables on these amps come with correct fuse in line..Though it should be noted to connect as per instructions..Not how others tell you to..Have seen a recent burn out. Caused by connection to fusebox. unless otherwise stated connect direct to battery..
--
Steve
Peugeot 306 Fitting Amplifier! - JohnPug
If you're running a high power amp, it's best to run it straight off the battery. There should be a plastic blanking plate that runs direct into the top glovebox from the engine bay, which is perfect to run a cable through.
It should then be run down the side of the car under the door seals to the boot. Make sure you run the phono cables the other side of the car to stop any interference.
If you have any problems just look at www.pug306.net/cgi-bin/ib312/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;...4
Aha, well I tackled it earlier on today and I actually put the hole in the same place as on the pictures in that thread!
I've managed to thread it through behind the glovebox too, tomorrow I'll get the rest of it done... hopefully!

The kit did come with a fuse to put in line near the battery, hugest fuse I've ever seen too!