amazing megane - VTiredeyes
went to walkers Renault (Stourbridge) this afternoon, just turned up at 4pm. chatted to 2 guys (mark & Phil) about my old Laguna?s, told them i used to get them serviced here.
asked about megane tourer 1.9dci 120bhp.
after 10 mins, he handed me the keys and said, go try it out !
test drove it for 1 hour, (including going home, taking wife ala 2 kids out for 20 mins)
may i say what a fantastic car it is.
like victor says "I don?t believe it"
so going back to my old thread of what family car, i am hooked
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=26...7

just one problem, where can i get the cheapest quote from ?
they will price match with Virgin and buymynewcar.com
any other dealers to get a good cheap quote from.
can i expect a 7 - 9 % discount.
its also on a 4 year 0% finance

also sensible options i would like are
xenons (nice)
tailgate opening window (handy for all the stuff i carry, and have to remove in carparks)
17" alloys (instead of 16")
cruise (25-40K a year)
rear airbags? are these the thorax ones for the kids?

your opinions (as always) are very welcome.

amazing megane - Altea Ego
xenons, not really required and go wrong but have them if you must

17" Alloys - NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO .........NOOO

the lower profile tyres destroy the ride. I opted for the 17inch alloys for the Laguna. Ok it makes it stick to the road like stuff to a blanket HOWEVER, it tramlines a bit, and can skip (patter) sideways at the rear on poor surface corners and makes the ride somewhat lumpier.
amazing megane - DavidHM
www.newregcars.co.uk comes in with the 1.9 120 Dynamique Sport Tourer at £12,137 - a couple of hundred less than www.buymynewcar.co.uk but they may be pre-reg. If your local dealer will match bmnc then I'd say that's a superb deal.
amazing megane - DavidHM
For what it's worth the bmnc deal is about a 21% discount (!)
21% discount ! holy cow, thats nice.
cheers 4 that.
xenons are a big yes yes for me, do alot of driving, before sunrise, after sunset, loved them on my bmw.
but i guess you could be right on the 17" wheels
also cost less on renewal. cheers for that, will stick with the 16", the car i test drove tonight had the 16" on, and was fine.
will email bmnc now.
also going for the ottoman blue metalic, looks almost the same as subaru's mica blue.
renault quote it as a metallic pearlescent illusion paint,
wonder what the illusion is?
bmnc website down at the moment
;-(
amazing megane - tyre tread
Good advice on the wheel sizes. - see my other thread (didn't want to hijack this one)

amazing megane - BobbyG
"just one problem, where can i get the cheapest quote from ?"

Can I recommend somewhere?

"went to walkers Renault (Stourbridge) this afternoon, just turned up at 4pm. chatted to 2 guys (mark & Phil) about my old Laguna?s, told them i used to get them serviced here.
asked about megane tourer 1.9dci 120bhp.
after 10 mins, he handed me the keys and said, go try it out !
test drove it for 1 hour, (including going home, taking wife ala 2 kids out for 20 mins)
may i say what a fantastic car it is."

At the risk of sounding old fashioned, if they can give you a deal, and you are obviously happy with their service, then why not reward them with your sale?

amazing megane - Clanger
I'm with BobbyG here; if we don't give dealers like this our business, they'll just vanish off the face of the earth and in the long run we will be the poorer for it. I reckon Walkers have done enough to deserve your deposit cheque.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
lol
yes but i never pay the full price for anything expensive.
i had a £1000 knocked off a 10m old subaru sti. free 12m road tax, brolly and..... and... 2 subaru keyrings i hasten to add!
so off a new car i would expect the same.
im sure the majority of people here, never pay full whack.
they never offered me anything off the car, they just expected me to pay the full whack.
so i mentioned about virgin and bmnc.com and they said go get a quote, and we are sure we can do the same.
but walkers will get my business. i will not bother playing off two dealers. i guess i could go to wolverhampton, and see if they wil do the same, then go back to walkers and ask for 12m road tax free, copius amounts of cappacino/milkychoc/tea free brolly and keyring.
i cant believe you would just pay the price, no questions asked !
would you ?
amazing megane - Pugugly {P}
Do you want to borrow my SWMBO ? Her number crunching, penny pinching ways got me a very acceptable deal of the local BMW outfit. All I had to do was look interested drink their coffee and sign on the dotted...
yes please, erm swmbo? i know its something to do with hid
(her indoors)
with two kids, xmas coming, mortgage up next feb, son wants to learn electric guitar, jesus ! where does it end!
roll on tomorrow, i get a 15 hour day in, 7 hours OT.
watch it in, watch it roll back out, and the SWMBO wants to go to toysrus. :-(
amazing megane - BobbyG
i cant believe you would just pay the price, no questions asked !
would you ?

Thats not what I was saying - what I was saying was get them to match the price as per your first post and then shake hands on the deal. But go to the dealer, not to the broker. Keep them in business!!
yes i will.
dealers are face to face, much better than on telphone
as i said before
snip..but walkers will get my business. ..snip
amazing megane - Felix
Why is it that so few dealers treat us like that? The times I've been car shopping, it really pink fluffy rabbits me off when you have to take a test drive 5 minutes round the block with some smarmy salesman. Why don't they just throw you the keys and send you off more often? The last time that happened to me I appreciated it so much I bought the car (a Leon Cupra).
amazing megane - No Do$h
Melbury Motors at Shaftesbury did this. I rang to enquire about a car on their website, agreed to come and have a look at the weekend. They swapped their car keys for mine, asked if I knew the area and did I want some suggestions for a test-drive route, then off I went for 45 minutes, complete with Mrs and Little Miss No Dosh

When I got back we were all grinning and here I am, two years later, still smiling each time I look at my Alfa.

amazing megane - Felix
Is there some trick to getting decent test drives like that, or is it just pot luck what dealer you go to? I'd like to be able to march in and ask for an unaccompanied drive, but I come over all intimidated when I encounter most salesmen :-(
amazing megane - No Do$h
Explain the importance of real-world motoring, the amount of time you will be spending in the car in your new job (this bit may be a lie, but don't let that put you off) and that coincidentally, Mrs b keeps making cooing noises about the (insert latest twee shopping wagon from manufaturer's range here). Ask about servicing and loan cars to show you value the whole dealer experience. Smile a lot.

Well, it works for me :o)
amazing megane - Altea Ego
And as ND found, take the family. Two reasons, It makes you loook like a serious buyer, and Mr Shark the salesman thinks he can work wonders on wifey and kiddy and use them to make you buy the car.
i prefer not to take the family, as you can concentrate more on a one to one basis with salesman, but always take the car home and take wife & kids out on a half hour test run. i guess if the dealer is miles away, then not an option.
dealers are a bit strange when it comes to test drives, i had to insure a nissan x-trail myself before they would allow a test drive. mg rover ! didnt have a car for another 3-4 days, because the sales manager was busy ! although the car was around the back. and before you ask, i am a very respectable looking 33 year old! seat 5 days, and they werent exactly run off their feet. beechwood audi halesowen let me try everything, a6 a4 1.9, 2.5, and even an s3. for suspension and engines, very good. but i just cant get with VAG for some reason.

got price from motor-deal for £14751 with 12m Tax all in and walkers are quoting £18125 so £3421 less.
i really dont think they are going to get near that price.
what else can i bargin with? i guess ask more for my part-exchange?
amazing megane - Moddy
I managed to do a bit of surfing on the net for a Renault megane, try www.buyacar.com for some great deals, but eventually went to Parks motor group in Kirkcaldy and picked up a 54 Plate Megane Dynamique 80 CDI for £10,500. So its worth shopping about before you go to the garages with the ammo
amazing megane - Keith S
My new Megane is the sport one with 18" alloys. Seems to tramline quite badly, although the ride is very comfy.

Pay careful attention to "insurance & registered owner issues" if considering buying from some of the internet sites advertised on this site.......................................................