Polo electrical problem - cockneycooky
I have a 97 Polo and had to change the battery. After connecting to new one the car fires on starting but as the key returns to the normal position the car cuts out. When the ignition is turned on the code flashes up in the odo window which looks like 1 n 01. All was fine until the battery was changed.
Polo electrical problem - Peter D
Remove the earth Terminal (-)wait 5 mins and reconnect cleanly and try the engine again. It may be confused. Regards Peter
Absolutely brilliant mate, thanks a million it works now..Still get that code on the odo, but it could have been doing that before.

Thanks again and cheers..

Dave
I think that is a service code and you can reset that. Look in the handbook under Service Codes. Regrds Peter
Yep your right again..its a service code..apparently 1N00 means no service required...so all is well now.

Thanks again

Your original message said 1N01 which is a service point. Have you had the service or just reset the counter. Regards Peter
I just noticed that too...01 means an inspection is due, it has been serviced so i just need to reset. ive found out how to do that from a manual. not had the car long.

Cheers for the help m8, if i had call an auto sparks out i bet i would have paid a lot for a simple job..

Dave