Ford KA Heater not working - fifi
Hi,
I have a Ford KA 3, and the heater is blowing out cold air. Apparently it is the heater valve that is causing the problem, and I would like to try and replace this myself. Can anybody give me any advice please on how to do this, or should I give in gracefully and take it to the garage. Any advice would be much apppreciated.
Thanks

Fifi
Ford KA Heater not working - Stuartli
These links may provide clues:

tinyurl.com/5osbe

tinyurl.com/3lzgo
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Ford KA Heater not working - Pete F
This is a simple job as all you do is drain the coolant off a bit, diconnect hoses and valve, fit new one and refill.

What I would say though is :- Are you sure this is the problem? There are several possible causes. Also, if the valve has failed, it is probably blocked with sludge or other debris. In this case the coolant system needs flushing and refilling.
Ford KA Heater not working - fifi
Hi and thanks for the replies. I went to the Ford garage and explained the problem and they said it was the heater valve needs replacing. The thing is it's going to cost about 150.00 all in to have this done, which for me is quite a lot of money, so I was hoping to have a bash at it myself if I bought the part. Hmmm, I like the simple job bit, but I don't really know where to start draining the coolant off etc, or even how to get to it.Perhaps I should go and get a Haines manual to help me with it, or should I just swallow the cost and get it fixed by the garage.
Anyway any more advice would be appreciated, and thanks

Fifi
Ford KA Heater not working - madf
It is a simple job. I've not doen it on a Ka but on a Fiesta. where you have to remove various bits and pieces.
New part is £40. Haynes manual is new £15. If you have to replace all the antifreeze about £10..

If you want it cheaper find an independent garage who are competent (?) . As you can see there is a lot of profit in £150...

madf

Ford KA Heater not working - Pete F
How do they know it is the heater valve? Did they do any checks? This sounds a lot for the job even by garage standards. I should shop around. You obviously don't know too much about cars, so I would get a garage or mechanic to do it. Even simple jobs can go wrong!!
Ford KA Heater not working - Limbo
How did you get on with the heater fifi? Ive hit the same problem I detected it wasnt working in the summer but wasnt to concerned.. Brrrrrrr cold mornings.. so now its time to spend money :(
Been quoted £60 for part and £40 labour.. Total=£100 Is this a good price?
Also, I was told by garage that it's a common fault in the KA's..
Ford should be recalling them if that's the case!!