Exemplary garage service - Big Cat
I was thinking that we sometimes hear about peoples' bad experiences of a garage. So what about turning it on its head and let's hear about exemplary service you have received, beyond the normal call of duty.

I'll start the ball rolling - had to think hard about this one but in the end a Renault garage has to be my choice. We once had a new Renault and quite soon after taking delivery something odd happened to the brakes. We phoned the garage on a Saturday and explaining that we needed the car on the Monday, they sent a mechanic around on the SUNDAY! Apparently it was a common problem but nonetheless, we were very impressed. Sadly the garage in question is no longer around, they were merged into a larger group.
Exemplary garage service - arky
This is likely to be a very short thread.....

[snip. yawn. M.]
Exemplary garage service - Ford Dagenham
Hello

I had a good garage service today.

I went to a large chain motor factor that i cannot mention today and requested two headlamp bulbs be fitted (7.99)

They asked what i wanted them to be fitted to so i said a Fiesta (1999-2002)

They took a moment to discuss among themselves whether or not to partake in replaceing my headlamp bulbs.

They then said they cannot replace any bulbs on fiestas (1999-2002) at least because they cannot remove the air filter box.

I then walked 100 metres over to the service counter run by a breakdown service that i also cannot mention.

The Friendly man that i spoke to took one look at my car opened the bonnet and changed the headlamp bulbs (they had to remove the headlamps to do it)

Iam very pleased with the breakdown service's garage i will visit again as i have asked for a quote for power steering fluid change and gearbox oil change.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Exemplary garage service - Citroënian {P}
Bear with me on this :

Last time the MINI went in for some work at the beemer dealer they didn't actually fix anything I asked them to, just tightened the handbrake and said they'd need to order some parts and re-arrange an appointment. They also left me on Leeds station for an hour waiting for their driver. They then didn't call me back, so after ten weeks I rang them, they apologised and arranged the work.

But.

They were so nice throughout and conveyed a sense of being able to sort stuff out that I left them feeling really positive and still not being too bothered about the ten week delay on rearranging.

I don't get it. I usually blow my top at any poor service, but they must put something in their coffee as I really feel they're doing a good job, which when I re-read this, it certainly looks like they're not.

Hmmm.
--
Lee
MINI adventure coming to an end
Exemplary garage service - Dynamic Dave
So what about turning it on its head and let's hear about
exemplary service you have received, beyond the
normal call of duty.

Thought this one had cropped up before.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=9664

This'll get merged with the other one at some point later. DD.