*URGENT* Warranty - should I upgrade? - Phil P
Sorry for the *URGENT* but need to make a decision on this in the next hour!

Just got my 102k miles "51" Citroen C5 (see other thread) and it came with a 6-month "Silver" plan warranty from Motorcare Warranties.

What I need to decide is whether it's worth upgrading the warranty to one of the higher plans - "Gold" or the top package "Gilted Edge". It's hard to judge exactly how much difference between the packages there is the lower packages all list what is covered (long list of components and I'm no mechanic) whilst the highest package lists what is NOT covered (so easier to follow).

The cost would be £50 per step so to upgrade to the "Gilted Edge" plan would be an extra £100 for the six months cover.

Wouldn't normally bother but with the reliability record of the C5 I'm wondering whether this time it wouldn't be money well spent..

Answers quick please!
Forgot to say, thanks in advance (don't like to appear rude)!
*URGENT* Warranty - should I upgrade? - patently
£100 for 6 months? 60p per day? Ouch. Especially if its not clear what extra is covered.

And anything that is "urgent urgent no time to think it over" is usually so for a reason.

Only general thoughts, though. No direct experience of the packages concerned.
True words regarding the cost, but remember it's a Citroen so that could be £100 well spent!

I've actually had since Wednesday evening to decide but had originally decided against only to have second thoughts as the deadline approaches...
Sod it I've gone for the upgrade. £100 for the extra piece of mind on what was a very cheap car.

By the end of the 6-months I'll have forgotten about the £100 outlay anyway so I'm either well-covered if the worst happens or if it doesn't have bought a fantastically good-value motor..
*URGENT* Warranty - should I upgrade? - patently
Fair enough - perfectly reasonable choice. Hope it was a waste of money, if you see what I mean.