02 Seat Leon Cupra - Ben {P}
I have recently aquired the above vehicle. Its ok. However, the diagnosis/excess of pollution light is on. It has been on continuusly for the 150 miles i have driven it.

I wonder if people could suggest the best strategy for resolving this problem?

The car has some history, 4 stamps at 10, 20, 38, 50k. 30 and 40k service were carried out coincidentally according to the servicing agent as it was so late for the 30k service.

Service book with the car makes no comment as to when the plugs in the AUQ engine are due to be replaced. I am wondering whether they are the original set and worn out, as the car runs ok except for the slightly lumpy idle when cold. It is just like i have experienced on other cars with worn out plugs or leads.

Before i purchase a set of NGK plugs which will cost me £30 all in, i wish to inspect those in the car. However there is a plastic cover over the engine impeeding my path- how do i remove this? The large screw heads holding it down have a very large cross head pattern. Do i need to purchase a special tool to remove them or will something else surfice?

I had hoped to purchase a manual for this car but Haynes do not plan to produce one for the Leon- i presume as it is so similar to th golf. However, the golf manual only overs cars up untill 2000- will this be sufficient for my 02 leon?

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly received.
02 Seat Leon Cupra - DL
Ben

I suggest a reputable garage with a generic code reader might be able to assist you here....it could save you £££'s
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
02 Seat Leon Cupra - Ben {P}
Thank you, i'm not clued up on these cars at all.

Do you think i would be best off going to an engine tuning type place and getting the car plugged in there? I didn't know if this car required a specific VAG machine to get the codes out.
02 Seat Leon Cupra - DL
Suggest you have a ring-around Ben - the Sykes Pickavant code reader we have is capable of pulling the codes from your car. Most up to date units will.

Find a good local workshop by reccomendation.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
02 Seat Leon Cupra - Jase
Ben,

Try logging onto www.seatcupra.net/forums and you'll find a hoard of very knowledgeable and helpful people. I'm sure they'll help you solve your issue.