Why doesn\'t the Heater on my Ibiza Work? - fitz
Thought I would seek advice on this as someone may know the answer.

The heater on my sister\'s car will not give out hot air. The cooling system is full, I have checked that the fan and also that the temperature switch that controls the fan works.

My thoughts are that it could be the thermostat or possibly a blockage in the heater matrix. I am however reluctant, unless I have to, to flush the cooling system with a chemical to remove any contamination in case the system springs leaks.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Fortesque
Why doesn't the Heater on my Ibiza Work? - Civic8
Dont know the car. is the cold/hot switch operating a flap or water valve.Valve is located on or near bulkhead where heater pipes enter bulkhead. if valve may be its seized and will need replacing. if flap type and depending on operation ie some are vaccum controlled.may be vaccum pipe split? or if wire controlled flap has stuck or wire to switch has broken.Just a thought and may be wrong?
--
Was mech1
Why doesn't the Heater on my Ibiza Work? - DL
Does the temperature gauge sit in the mid-scetion of the normal sector? If so, I would suspect a flow problem and/or a valve problem with the heater.

If the gauge isn't reading correctly or takes ages to rise to the normal sector, I woudl suspect the thermostat.

How old is the car?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Why doesn't the Heater on my Ibiza Work? - Stuartli
Try draining off the coolant so you can use it again, then back flush the system and radiator using a hose pipe until clear water comes out. Make sure the heater control is set to its hottest position. Allow to drain and replace the coolant.

Used to work for me without using any proprietory cleaners; main problem is that we have a hard water supply.
PS

You can check the thermostat's operation if you do the above by inserting it in a pan of water and then boiling it.
>>Also check that your thermostat is not stuck open, your heater fan is working at all speeds, the various vents are open and that the heater matrix is not blocked or has an air lock.