Honda Servicing options - jammods
I have a 4 year old Civic, so it is out of warranty. It is due its 36k service soon....which is £178 at the Honda dealer. For that I get Oil/Filter, brake fluid changed and 40 or 50 checks.

I could do a service myself replacing all fluids/filters/plugs etc for less than half that. What I wont get is the "checks" and a stamp in the service book.

Can anyone comment on the value of dealer servicing or suggest alternatives?, I am in based in the West Midlands.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Honda Servicing options - Ivor E Tower
How long to you intend keeping the car? I kept my Honda for 18 years and after the first few services wrote in the service book "Serviced by first owner", entered date and mileage plus retained all bills for puerchased items and stapled a sheet to the service book on which I listed what got done and when. Had no effect on resale price when I traded it - well, maybe it increased it because the purchasing trader could tell it had been looked after from day 1.
Honda Servicing options - Happy Blue!
In my experience, if a car is say up to six or seven years old, then a full history will really benefit in terms of ease of sale if not necessarily value. Thereafter, I would say its the overall condition that is just as important as the stamps in the book, although its alwasy nice to see a book full of stamps or a file full of receipts.

If the 4yo Honda will be kept for another couple of years then go to Honda, or a decent independent who knows Hondas and can stamp it up for you. £178 isn't too expensive for an annual service is it.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?