Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - redviper
Hi Guys, long time since I have posted on here.

The standard CD player that came with the Laguna has given up so I am on the look out for a decent one. I want though to keep the steering column control and the dash display, I have been given ?expert? advise from halfords, and they have told me that if I want to keep the control and display, then only Sony will allow me to do that (which is fair enough because that?s what I will be buying anyway) but I will have to purchase a cable of them for a extra £50!!!!!!, yes £50, and then fitting on top of that, so I want to do it all my self.

I was wondering, if anyone can tell me where on the net, they could recommend buying a cable from. And the necessary tools I need to remove the old CD player.

Cheers

Stephen

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6
Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - Ivor E Tower
Gulp - I knew these cables are expensive, but £50! Are you sure that the Sony unit will also power the remote display? Certainly when I enquired about aftermarket units for my Scenic a couple of years ago, none would operate the display although some could be made to work with the steering-column remote controls. To remove the unit, you should just need the "standard" U-shaped handles (or thin coathanger wire?) which may well come with the new Sony unit anyway. Almost all modern units come with a standard set of connectors so the change-over should take a few minutes only. Any experts out there who can confirm if any aftermarket units will now retain the Renault remote display?
Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - SjB {P}
Well, I typed laguna radio display remote in to Google, and the very first hit confirmed that Kenwood can probably help service your need...
Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - redviper
HI

Thanks for your reply,

According to the "experts" at halfords, the Sony Head units would be compatable, with the display, (they checked on the computer) as well as the control, but the adapters to plug the cableing, would cost a extra £50 from Halfords, becasue they are not manufactured by sony,

Some one did send me a link ages ago when i posted the questions ages, and ages ago...

When i said " I would provide the cable becasue im shure i can get it cheaper" they said they wouldnt fit becasue "they didnt sell it"

I really dont want to lose the display and the control unit, becasue they are usefull, and i really like controlling the stereo from the steering colomn, but i cant bear another journey without my CD's

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6
Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - Dynamic Dave
Some one did send me a link ages ago when i
posted the questions ages, and ages ago...

Did you have a different username back then? I've just a done a quick search of your previous posts, but found nothing.

DD.
Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - Altea Ego
Yes sony are the only ones who can be guaranteed to work with the Laguna, both the remote display and the steering wheel controls. The adaptors cost £49.99. Beware tho that:

The cheapest Sony unit WONT work with the laguna display, and the cheaper adaptor cables WONT operate the display.

I have found some on the web selling for £35 and all they do is just connect the steering wheel controls.
Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - BobbyG
I have previously bought from
www.caraudiodiscount.com/
and would thoroughly recommend them.

Fitting a Radio on a Renault Laguna - dmj 71
Hi,
If you are buying a sony you need to be spending around £200 in halfords, sony 5000 series or higher.
You need to check the unit you buy has the remote port (small hole with a blue collar insert) and if you want the display to work you need it to have a cd changer port ( bigger hole with a kind of w shaped insert). The cd changer port is what they use to make the display work, but you can still fit a changer at a later date as the display interface works "in line".
The manufactures that make these leads are connects2 and autoleads but i dont think these sell to the public.

If you can do without the car display ( all the info you would expect still comes on the radio display)you can fit a lead that just works the steering controls which is about £30 but you will be able to choose a cheaper stereo without the cd changer port.
hope this helps.

A Halfords "expert"!