Where was this car from? - Mike H
While on holiday in Austria this year, I was overtaken by a car with registration and nationality plates that defied my attempts to identify! The registration was three digits, hyphen, letter, hyphen, three digits - as in 123-X-456 - in black on a white background. The nationality plate (or at least I assume that's what it was - usual oval with black letters on white) had the letters "BiH" on it....anyone any ideas? I've been driving in & around Austria for the last 25 years & this is a new one on me!
Where was this car from? - paulb {P}
Bosnia-Herzegovina?
Where was this car from? - SjB {P}
Bosnia-Herzegovina?

Correct, as putting BiH Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Bosnia-Herzegovina?

Correct, as putting BiH in to Google just confirmed.
Phew, I can sleep now :-)
Yes, I thought of that - it was the "i" in the "BiH" that put me off of this idea - and I've never seen any others which I thought was unusual in itself.
Yes, I thought of that - it was the "i" in the "BiH" that put me off of this idea - and I've never seen any others which I thought was unusual in itself.

The lower case i equates to and.
Bizarre coincidence!!! - Ian (Cape Town)
I've just 'logged in' after spending a few hours compiling a report on the European Champions League. One of the things I had to do was identify players' countries by country code - and the last one I did was from BHZ - Bosnia! (Oh - Hasan Salihamidzic of Bayern Munich!)
Oldie but not gone - patently
Reminds me:

Q: What's the quickest way to get lynched at a home game for Bayerische Munchen Gladbach?

A: Shout 'Give us a "B"'!
Oldie but not gone - patently
Now then, where's the communal coat....
Oldie but not gone - PhilW
"Q: What's the quickest way to get lynched at a home game for Bayerische Munchen Gladbach?

A: Shout 'Give us a "B"'!"

Presumably because Moenchengladbach is a town in the Ruhr valley, several hundred miles away from "Bayerische" (Bavarian?)team known as Bayern Munchen?? (the city where BMWs are built - motoring link)
Pedantic Phil
Oldie but not gone - tartanraider
I thought it was Borussia Munchengladbach