Great moment - greenhey
Last Tuesday, southbound M6 ,about 1730 near Hilton Park.
For some , sadly unintelligible , reason, the M6 is moving well and I am in Lane 3 overtaking , at probably 80mph .
I watch in my rear view mirror a 5-series appear , and close the gap behind me from at least several Hundred meters to about a metre, in less than 10 seconds. he clearly expects me to move over, presumably directly into the vehicle I'm overtaking .
I grit my teeth and get past the vehicle I'm overtaking and when I feel I'm safely ahead of it, move over .
Mr Testosterone then moves up alongsdie of me .In a moment of madness I use 2 fingers to give him a summary of my view of his driving ability and general concern for others. To my amazement he brakes sharply .Do we have a road rage incident ?
Then he looks at me again , fllors the pedal and races off at what must have been weel over the ton, to do the same again to someone ahead of us .
For a few miles I consider why he braked .Then I think I guess it. I drive an Omega , and I happened to be wearing a shirt very similar in colour to that used my many constabularies !
I really hope I adjusted his disgestive system for those few seconds, and that even now he may be wondering if he's about to get a very unwelcome letter !
Great moment - midlifecrisis
I was once sat in the passenger seat of a fully marked Omega as we barrelled down the motorway to a firearms job. We came behind a car that refused to move over, the driver obviously being completely blind and deaf.
Eventually he pulled over and we moved alongside to give our well practised stare of disapproval. I decided I would use my fingers to point at my eyes, intending to give the meaning 'use these.'
He gave a sudden look of astonishment as I did so. I suddenly realised that from his point of view, the gesture looked very similar to the famous Churchill salute.
Great moment - SjB {P}
My 'great moment' with the Law, which proves they are sometimes where you need them, when you need them, happened a few weeks ago.

My wife was driving through our town centre late at night, with me in the passenger seat after a couple of beers. Sticking exactly to the 30 mph limit, she was carved up a treat by WVM, who only just (and I mean only just) managed to squeeze between her and an approaching static obstruction despite her slowing down sharply to prevent a collision. As space ran out, he swerved sharply towards our car, 'Get out of my way' written all over his face, and continued to accelerate hard down the road, lights on full beam as he raced up to the next car.

A few seconds later, some distance in front, out stepped the fluorescent jacketed traffic officer who had witnessed the entire incident...

Great moment - Sofa Spud
I once came to some roadworks with temporary traffic lights on a main A-road single carriageway. As I approached, the lights changed to amber then red. I had plenty of time to stop, so I did. Beyond the roadworks was a long hill.

I had been followed for some time by a large artic and when I stopped the driver went ballistic with horn, lights and angry shouts out of the cab window. So when the lights changed I floored it up the hill leaving the lumbering artic standing. At the top of the hill I stopped in a convenient layby, pen and paper in hand, waited for the lorry to pass and took its number and the details of the company. When I got home I phoned the company and reported the driver!!!!

I've been a lorry driver myself - I could never imagine myself going off like that at a motorist for doing the correct thing! It wasn't like he'd been tailgating before I stopped, he had been some way behind me.

Cheers, Sofa Spud.