Tune Up. - Dave
Paging Mr A Moorey or other Tune Up engineers.

I have a friend in Southampton with a K plate 1.3 Fiesta.

It broke down on the A23 - loss of power, pulled over, failed to start. AA say it isn't the HT Circuit and thought it might be Fuel Injection.

AA towed to her driveway. Do you folks have a Southampton franchise? Contact number?

Is this the sort of thing you can do? I suspect it may need some diagnostic work if the AA couldn't get it going...

BTW The Rover's done nearly a thousand miles since the helicoiled plug and runs like a dream. All of the HT woes/poor starting have been cured now it has a 20 minute each way drive and actualy gets warm twice a day! Big/Little End noises go away when the radio's turned up. ;-)
Re: Tune Up. - Dave
Having a think. Could well be fuel pump connections. It went about 4-6 miles form cold before running very badly. When she pulled over it wouldn't start.

Possibly the fuel pump was not functioning when the fuel in the system began tp run out it ran badly and died.

My logic is: If it was ECU or Fuel injection wouldn't it just have stopped dead rather than running rough?

Anyway - she needs a good garage in Sotton ASAP and I reckon Tune-Up are the boys.
Re: Tune Up. - Mark (Brazil)
Didn't you get a telephone number last time ? How about directory assistance, you must know roughly the area they are in ?

Or how about e-mail, they use valid e-mail addresses in their replies.
Mark (Brazil) wrote:
>
> Didn't you get a telephone number last time ? How about
> directory assistance, you must know roughly the area they are
> in ?
>
> Or how about e-mail, they use valid e-mail addresses in their
> replies.

I could, or I can just post here and find out!

You may feel it's a bit of a waste of Board space but compared to house swaps it's bang on topic. ;-)
Re: Tune Up. - Stu
You will find your nearest contact here . . .

www.uktuneup.co.uk

S.
Re: Tune Up. - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)

Many thanks to Stu for pointing you in the right direction, not the first time he has been good enough to draw attention to our site. Regards, Adam

Edited by HJ Editor on 09/05/2011 at 15:09

That's ok Adam, you've helped more than your fair share of us Backroomers so far.
I thought it was urgent. I was trying to suggest faster ways than simply waiting.

Save your paranoia and your sarcastic comments.
Mark (Brazil) wrote:
>
> I thought it was urgent. I was trying to suggest faster ways
> than simply waiting.

Oh, thanks! If it had been urgent I'd have called Mr Moorey personaly...

> Save your paranoia and your sarcastic comments.

Hey! There was a smiley!
Re: Tune Up. - David W
Having a grumpy day Mark?

David
Not at all Mr. W, I'm as cheerful as can be!!! (and was all along)

It's my B'day tomorow, all is right with the world! Taking a half day tommorow to visit the land we both love!

Certainly wasn't trying to get at anyone with *any* post nor do I have a problem with anyone elses post/topic.

I would like the young ladies car fixed though. She broke down Sunday evening after driving up to see me. Felt guilty at letting her come all that way - felt even worse when her car copped it. If it's just a fuse/connection on the fuel pump I'll feel a lot better.

But no, I'm fine. My respect for M (B) is as high as it ever was and despite natural jealousy at his large house; vehicles; posse of servants don't have *any* problem with the house swap post at all.
> Having a grumpy day Mark?

Yeah, crap day, sorry.
Re: Tune Up. - David W
Mark,

You need some "Darcy" therapy, he's the most chiled guy here, don't know how he does it.

Dave,

Actually I was saying Mark seemed unusually edgy but pleased to hear you're on top of the world. Have a good day tomorrow. Oddly enough, as Mark knows, we were due to have a few days in the shadow of The Fish this weekend. But the in-lawa had messed up the dates for the function we were going to...so we're not now...soon though.

Re the young lady's car....

You said......."I would like the young ladies car fixed though. She broke down Sunday evening after driving up to see me. Felt guilty at letting her come all that way - felt even worse when her car copped it. If it's just a fuse/connection on the fuel pump I'll feel a lot better.".....

Felt better when you realised she couldn't go home???

Regards,

David
David W wrote:

> Actually I was saying Mark seemed unusually edgy

I know. My actual real world name is Mark too, hence my confusion... I'll explain later. ;-)

> Oddly enough, as Mark knows, we were due to have a few days
> in the shadow of The Fish this weekend. But the in-lawa had
> messed up the dates for the function we were going to...so
> we're not now...soon though.

Shame, you could have bought me a birthday beer!

> Felt better when you realised she couldn't go home???

Sadly, for her ;-), she got a tow from the AA!
Steady the Buffs!
> Steady the Buffs!

There are times when you make a ton of sense. There are however other times, like this one, when I don't have the faintest clue what you just said.

I'm sure I was being told to lighten up, fair enough, but "Buffs" ? Wossat then ?
Re: "Steady the Buffs" - Stu
Mark (B) ,

Attributed to the old East Kent Regiment, known as the 'Buffs' due to their battledress.

I understand that the battle cry "Steady the Buffs" came to prominence during one of their hard fought battles in the Peninsular War between 1808 and 1811, possibly at Corunna, Talavera or Albuhera.

The regimental motto of the Buffs (East Kent Regiment) was "Veteri Frondescit Honore'.As early as 1708, the regiment was unofficially known as The Buffs but the name really took hold in the 1740s when Thomas Howard and George Howard were successive colonels.

Stiff upper lip and all that.

S
Re: "Steady the Buffs" - Brill
Mark (B) wrote:

" There are times when you make a ton of sense. There are however other times, like this one, when I don't have the faintest clue what you just said. "

There are too many 'stus' 'stuarts' etc so maybe you're mixing us up, time for a new handle then. It's my surname so no funny comments please :0)
Re: "Steady the Buffs" - Mark (Brazil)
Its also the surname or a Brazilian I work with - and his family is either Polish or Czech.
Re: Tune Up. - Brill
Dave wrote:

"I know. My actual real world name is Mark too, hence my confusion... I'll explain later. ;-)"

. . . still waiting.
Dave's birthday. - David W
Stuart,

I think Dave meant later in our lives rather than later on.

Anyway he'll be wrecked soon being his birthday and that.

Have a virtual drink on me Dave, anything you like.

David