golf central locking bounces - jay_bristol
Small but irritating problem on a Mk 1V Golf.
Lock the doors from outside with a key - all 5 lock perfectly. Do it with
the button inside the car, and the front passenger door (only) bounces open
again. You have to hit the button on the 'rebound' with perfect timing to
get all doors to lock.
I can't figure out why this happens, so I don't know how to stop it.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
golf central locking bounces - Stuartli
My Bora occasionlly does this when using the driver's door mounted central locking facility - usually immediately unlocking and relocking it again clears it.

Some problems relating to VW central locking systems seem to be connected with the security measure that locks all the doors again after about 30 seconds following use of the remote control and a front door not being opened during that time.
Thanx Stuart for your reply, no amount of locking/unlocking helps. If anyone else has any ideas would be much appreciated.
Jay
golf central locking bounces - Kuang
I've known this to happen on other cars where the linkage between the button and the servo unit has excess play, either because a connector is loose or because the servo unit has shifted - the lock only closes to the point where it's on the cusp of open and closed, and triggers back immediately. It has to be said though that this usually opens all of the doors. I'm mildy surprised that your system allows one door to become unlocked while all others remain in place. How does it react if you lock the door from the passenger side with the key?
Thanx for your reply. When i try to open from passenger door it will lock / unlock but will not activate the central locking, hence the other doors remain locked / unlocked.
Thanx
jay