Zafira problem - NickBG
Afternoon all,

I am new to this forum and hope that someone maybe able to offer some helpful advice to me .

I have recently purchased a Zafira 1.8 comfort and it would seem that the power steering is making quite a whirring sound even when the steering wheel is not turned. (I am not 100% certain that it is the power steering - but it seems like it)

I have spoken to vauxhall to check that there are no product recalls - and they did not have any other advice. So has anyone got any ideas or knowledge on this one

Cheers
Nick
Zafira problem - johnsnc
Pretty sure they all do it . Mine certainly does. There is mention in the brochure of the power steering being run electrically rather than via the engine so it is more efficient. If they don't all do it then mine has the same problem !
Zafira problem - Dynamic Dave
There is mention in the brochure of the power steering being >> run electrically rather than via the engine so it is more efficient.

An easy way to check this is to turn the steering wheel while the engine is idling. If the radio display dims, then you've got electric p/s.

Zafira problem - Nickbg
Thanks for your thoughts chaps - I will look into it this weekend.... I think the car is falling to bits lol - looks like I need a new alternator too - thats making a heck of a noise and battery not taking charge - oh well looks like i will have a busy weekend ....

Nick