Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - milky
My wife has lost her remote operating master key to her Toyota Yaris.The spare set is a non-remote key which opens the car and starts the engine.
Our local Toyota dealer says they cannot supply us with a new remote master key and can only supply a key which opens the car doors but does NOT start the engine.
They want around £1500 to fit a new set of locks and a new electronic management control box. WE are devastated as we are OAP's and cannot afford it.
I contacted the Toyota factory in Sunderland and they appeared to confirm the dealers comments.
Anyone out there help.. as we are concerned about to use the car with only one set on keys.It's really worrying,
Any help or assistance or comments from others who have had similar experience welcome.
Cheers
Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - Adam {P}
milky,
not good news and I know it doesn't help but I seem to remember someone having the same problem and quoting the figure of a grand. I've done a quick forum search but I can't find anything.

Someone else will know though
Adam
HI there
Tks. for your thought.. am a bit bewildered by it all.. I just can't believe duplicate keys are not available... its just the whole security problem I suppose and manufacturers overreact with sophisticated answers which do not always help the owner.
Tks. anyway
Cheers
IVAN
Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - elekie&a/c doctor
Duplicate keys can be obtained without massive expense.Contact www.autolocksmiths.net . Here you will find people that can help you without costing the national debt.
Very many thanks indeed. Will get onto the site you suggest right away.
Cheers
MILKY
Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - Hawesy1982
Yes i posted on here recently that my gf didn't take a very cheap deal on a Yaris because the master key was missing, i was quoted "in excess of £1000" due to the ECU needing to be changed at the same time.

Type Toyota Yaris Master Key into a search engine and there are a number of companies who claim to be able to sort you out for around £400, but i didn't go as far as ringing up and checking that.
Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - geoffken
Can you tell me where the Toyota factory in Sunderland is??

Last time I was ther it made Nissans
Hi there
Tks.for message. On the TOYOTA web site the address is given as P.O Box.746 Sunderland.
Tel 0845 -275-5555.
They probably share a call centre with NISSAN as the Toyota factory is at Burnaston Nr.DERBY
Cheers

Milky
Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - Shine
My wife has lost her remote operating master key to her Toyota Yaris.The spare set is a non-remote key which opens the car and starts the engine. Our local Toyota dealer says they cannot supply us with a new remote master key and can only supply a key which opens the car doors but does NOT start the engine. They want around £1500 to fit a new set of locks and a new electronic management control box. WE are devastated as we are OAP's and cannot afford it. I contacted the Toyota factory in Sunderland and they appeared to confirm the dealers comments. Anyone out there help.. as we are concerned about to use the car with only one set on keys.It's really worrying, Any help or assistance or comments from others who have had similar experience welcome. Cheers

Hi Milky,

I am in absolutly same situaiton as you were in 2004! I bought used 2002 Yaris last month that came with only one key which just opens the door and starts the engine and hence its not the remote master key. Can you pls advise if you were able to get a duplicate remote master key and how? I would highly appreciate your help.

Cheers

Ganesh

Dulpicate remote key for Toyota Yaris - Avant

Milky hasn't posted since 2004, so probably turned cheesy long ago.

If anyone sees this and knows of a currently-available way round the problem, please post here.