Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.6 '03 Locked Steerin - wap
I have a 2003 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia and when I pull away quickly (say at a busy mini roundabout) the steering 'feels' like it is locking giving the sensation of driving along tramlines.

Over the past year I have encountered this 3 or 4 times and on each occasion it was whilst accelerating with the steering turned to the left.

This happens for just a short time and I cannot replicate it to show my husband.

Additionally when driving normally the car feels like I am driving with a full load in the boot, this sensation lessens at 50 or above.

I have checked the tyre pressure.

Can someone tell me if this is normal.
Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.6 '03 Locked Steerin - Altea Ego
Re the locking feeling, This could be perfectly normal for a front wheel drive car, and is called torque steer. When you give it some welly with the wheels turned, you get the feeling they want to stay where they are and you have to force them back the way you want (ie no self centering effect)

Re the full boot feeling? - no idea on this I am afraid.
Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.6 '03 Locked Steerin - kithmo
The "full load in the boot" feeling may be the handbrake sticking on, make sure the lever is fully down and not stuck on a notch or two. The Locking on the steering could, as suggested above, be torque steer or, if it has power steering, it may be the power steering belt slipping (usually accompanied by a squeeling noise).
Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.6 '03 Locked Steerin - kithmo
Oops ! spelling correction: sustitute "squealing" for "squeeling"