cheap car - any good? - daveyK_UK
not sure if anyones noticed but a batch of kia mentors have recently been released on the market for around 5 and a half grand.

i wasnt planning on changing my car but the price is very tempting for what you get.

2 questions.

1. is the kia mentor any good? (while kia\'s generally are rough and ready, some differ significantly in build quality to others)

2. whats the depreciation like? i\'ve seen other kia\'s such as the magentis and shuma prices go for under 2 grand 3 years old!

3. whats the expected car life?

cheers.
cheap car - any good? - J Bonington Jagworth
A friend of mine who used to run a low-cost car rental outfit from his garage had one of these. When customers heard what they were getting, they were often a bit sniffy, but when they brought it back, they were invariably happy. I don't think it ever gave trouble.
if anyone can find a delaer selling one with free insurance 21-80 please let me know.
cheers.
cheap car - any good? - MichaelR
They seem to me like cars suited only for people who view a car in the same light as, say, a dishwasher. Merely an appliance for getting from A to B.

For everyone else, who I would assume include most BR readers, there are so many better cars to get for £5.5k.
cheap car - any good? - Aprilia
They seem to me like cars suited only for people who
view a car in the same light as, say, a dishwasher.
Merely an appliance for getting from A to B.

That's a heck of a lot of people!
cheap car - any good? - NowWheels
>> They seem to me like cars suited only for people who
>> view a car in the same light as, say, a dishwasher.
>> Merely an appliance for getting from A to B.
That's a heck of a lot of people!

I haven't met all that many folks who want to travel anywhere in a dishwasher, let alone from A to B! ;-)

Seriously, tho, I agree with Aprlia: lottsa folks just want reliable and economical wheels.
cheap car - any good? - Mapmaker
Most of us in the BR, I should hazard a guess want reliability & economy (of some form) over anything else.
cant get a kia dealer to get hold of one for me.
been told it was a old stock model that needed to go as ordered from korea.

if any sees these cars for sale with free insurance - please post back..