NA cars modification - imprezaGX
dear all,
I have a few questions here and hopefully I can get answers to them because i have been lloking for the answer on the net and cant find any.

1) Can NA cars install blow off valves? I love those sound that they produce but i am worry whether it would reduce my NA car's performance since its not turbocharged.

2)How in the world does this SAFC works? How is it connected in such a way that it can read your air-fuel ratio? People starts talking about how it can re-tune your A/F ratio and so your car can go to optimum so the question is how this little small kit can detect what is the right ratio? Or does it depend on your operator who fix it in and tune it. Can i retune it myself?

Hope to get replies from you guys.

NA cars modification - wd 40

you won\'t get any replies if nobody knows what you are talking about. You may know what an NA car is, or SAFC, but I doubt anybody else in the backroom has the foggiest idea what you mean

NA cars modification - Altea Ego
NA - Normally Aspirated?
SAFC? - much head scratching...........
NA cars modification - Older_not_wiser
>Can NA cars install blow off valves? I love those sound that they produce but i am worry whether it would reduce my NA car's performance since its not turbocharged.

YOu need not worry.

The "Fitters" might have a small worry though - how and where to fit same.
Superglue it to cam cover to look good perhaps?
(a "dump valve being an integral part of a turbo)

Is SAFC one of these "magic" chips?

That'll do not a lot for non-turbo cars?
NA cars modification - Mark (RLBS)
SAFC....

www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105569

Not that I understand a word of it..
NA cars modification - Older_not_wiser
Ah yes - impressive jargon-filled BS.
NA cars modification - Jack Duckworth
You mean that you would like a \"dump valve\". Personally, I already have a dump valve - it\'s not on my car though.

Anyway, the ones you want work by releasing some of the pressure built up by the turbo charger when the driver lifts off the accelerator at high revs - to change gear, for example. If this pressure, created by a very fast spinning turbo, were not relieved, the turbo would slow down and boost would be lost. The idea is to keep the turbo spinning at the same speed it would reach with the engine at 5000rpm so that when you engage the next gear and drop to 3500-4000rpm you still have a fast spinning turbo and plenty of boost.

You also get that boy racery trumpeting noise. I have to warn you that every woman I know (and most blokes) thinks this sounds very silly. They laugh and point. So do I.

Anyway, you can\'t fit a dump valve to a normally aspirated engine. Air is entering the engine at less than atmospheric pressure - the engine sucks air in to create a partial vacuum - so there\'s nothing to dump.

If you really want noises, I\'m sure some Max Power reader has rigged up something with a bottle of pub gas (CO2) and a microswitch by now...
NA cars modification - Jack Duckworth
Having read the SAFC stuff, I can't for the life of me imagine why you'd want to mess with this. Subaru must have spent a fortune on making your engine run properly, and you want to have a fiddle. Unless you race your car (legally, on a track, like a normal responsible adult) I can't see why you'd want to modify it, other than playing with different chips out of curiosity and the perverse desire to risk wrecking your engine.

Your car doesn't have a pair of inefficient twin SU's. It doesn't have an all rightangles cast iron exhaust manifold. There's not a lot you can do to it that Subaru haven't done themselves. If you want more power, buy the turbo version.

Also, have a look at www.sniffpetrol.com/issue041.html, specifically the Mitsubishi advert mickey take. There are some really nice, fast cars around which the majority of the population don't laugh at. The Lancer Evo isn't one of them.
NA cars modification - Rob C
Hi there.

As above, dump valves are for forced induction, please, please don't buy one of those fake WMV players that sit under your bonnet and make a dump valve sound.

You might get a nice induction sound with an aftermarket induction kit from HKS or similar, but it's generally agreed you lose a tiny bit of power by installing it.

I know how you're feeling because I bought a NA Supra instead of the TT, and there's little I can do to improve performance without spending huge sums of cash, and sometimes I wish I'd gone for the TT.

Your best "bang for Buck" option is Nitrous Oxide, but expect to shorten the life of your engine and drivetrain.