omega 2.5 W reg. starting problems - blue
Hi i\'m new here can anyone tell me why my car won\'t start sometimes, it turns over fine but doesn\'t fire i think it may be the immobiliser, sometimes when i turn off i hear a beep beep beep from under the bonnet although this does not correspond to the starting problem. i have tried locking and unlocking the car several times & sometimes it then starts, maybe just a coincidence? Also does anyone have info on the rear electric sunshade as mine stopped working awhile ago when it was serviced by my vauxhall agent i asked them to have a look at it, for which they charged me £98 it worked for 3 days! i asked what was done they said the motor needed to be replaced they had only adjusted? it. when i bought the car i looked at several other ones their sunshades didn\'t work so i bought this one because it did and for quite awhile after. thanks blue
omega 2.5 W reg - SpamCan61 {P}
I think the 'beep beep' from under the bonnet indicates that either you have a roadrunner type bird trapped under the bonnet or the backup battery for the alarm system is flat.

If it's any consolation my rear sunblind doesn't work either, looks like a PITA to fix.

Probably worth posting on the Yahoo! 'omega owners' group, plenty of expertise over there.
omega 2.5 W reg - blue
Checked for road runners non found! will look into the alarm system battery, do you know what type it is and would it have any connection to my intermittant starting problem?
omega 2.5 W reg - SpamCan61 {P}
Sorry blue I haven't had the beep beep problem myself; but I'm 99% sure it has been covered on the Yahoo group. I suppose it is possible that if the alarm system has low battery volts it might start causing the intermittancy.
omega 2.5 W reg - blue
Thanks i will try them i'll let you know if i have success
omega 2.5 W reg - blue
Great site to visit lots of ideas to try out nothing about sunblinds yet though!
omega 2.5 W reg - Dynamic Dave

As others have stated, the beep beep beep noise is the alarm battery back up failing and needs replacing. No idea where situated though - sorry.

With regards that you think it *might* be the immobiliser at fault, the engine management light will flash if the electronics inside the ignition barrel fails to recognise the chip inside the ignition key.

ps, this'll get moved across to the Technical Matters forum later today. DD.