VW Touran luggage cover - TinaF
I am thinking of buying a VW Touran and have a question regarding the retractable parcel shelf. I recently took a test drive in a petrol driven S model although I am thinking of buying the diesel Sport. The S model was an ex demo and one fo the first Tourans and the luggage cover was a tiny affair that only covered the small space if all 7 seats were up. Since I would be using the rear seats occasionally and would usually have them down to allow the use of the large luggage area I will obviously need to hide anything that I am carrying in the boot! The brochure shows a full size luggage compartment retractable cover (rather like my passat has) although the salesman in the VW garage seemed to think that the larger cover was for the 5 seat Touran and not for the 7 seat. Does anyone have a 7 seater with a full cover?
VW Touran luggage cover - philipb
I have a 7 seater VW Touran 2.0 TD Sport with a full luggage cover! As far as I am aware, VW have stopped making the 5 seat version in order to market the full potential of the car.

The retractable luggage compartment cover usually sits behind the 2nd row of seats and works extremely well to keep out prying eyes. I have also bought a large rubber SUV floor mat from Costco for £10 which has provides protection from spillages and prevents luggage from rolling around the 695 litres of space. This works out a good deal cheaper than the £65 VW issue loadspace mat!

When the 3rd row of seats are in use, the cover can be "stored" behind the seats by moving two plastic covers to reveal a mounting point. These are then placed in the underfloor compartment next to the headrests. It doesn't interfere with the space but remains on hand when you fold the seats back down. I found this was also useful when I wanted to partially recline the 2nd row seats to allow my children to sleep during a night journey from London.

I haven't driven the petrol versions but I gathered that the first petrol engines were fairly low on power. The 2.0 TD is a superb engine and well worth booking another test drive to experience the torque and power delivery right up to the red line as well as having a proper luggage cover demo.