Private selling - bikemade3

Managed to get a good price for my Motorbike, and am waiting the cque to clear before handing the keys over. I have seen somewhere before a document signed by the seller and vendor exempting the seller from any comeback "caveat emptor" and the like.Any body seen this and if so where ?
Private selling - smokie
I'm sure someone posted the words they use about 8 months ago. Have a search, it's out there somewhere...
Private selling - DavidHM
ISTR that the AA does a master document for selling cars.

Of course, if the money is handed over then whatever you have agreed will already be a contract, albeit a verbal one with evidential difficulties for whomever is making a claim on it.

Evidencing a contract in writing after it has been agreed is fraught with difficulty, to say the least.
Private selling - baffled1
If it is a genuine private sale (not trade) , provided you have not misrepresented any aspect of the vehicle there is no comeback for the purchaser.
Private selling - smokie
This thread was the one I was thinking of

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=14446
Private selling - Mapmaker
>>provided you have not misrepresented any aspect of the vehicle there is no comeback for the purchaser.

Also provided the vehicle is roadworthy.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=23...7

If the vehicle is unroadworthy, then you can have your money back.
Private selling - Collos25
I was under the impression that the law had recently changed to cover private car sales and that you now have to give some sort of gaurantee whether you like or not.Pretty difficult to enforce though I would have thought.
Private selling - Happy Blue!
Private sale - no comeback unless you lied.

Words are "Sold as Seen" surely?

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Private selling - Mapmaker
No. Read the unroadworthy vehicles link. They are insistent that if your 'sold as seen for spares/repairs' is to have any value then you are required to make sure that the purchaser trailers his new car away.
Private selling - Happy Blue!
But not unroadworthy.

If I sell a car with a valid and recent MoT certificate, it is presumably roadworthy. If I am asked a question such as "....are there any major problems I should be aware of?" and I answer no, then it is fraud, if I know that that there is. But, if I am not aware, then surely, no problem with saying 'sold as seen'?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Private selling - Stuartli
The Latin means "Buyer Beware".