Where Can I Find The Insurance Bands - pienmash
I?m looking to buy a car/mpv but cant find out where to see if the car is gonna be low to insure or high,gis sum advice pls people,many thanks john .sorry bout the caps,but i broke my keyboard.

Be sorry no more, good Mr Mash. Your caps have been banished by the mod fairies. ND

No sniggering at the back.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - Stuartli
www.abi.org.uk/carinsurance/default.asp
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - Altea Ego
Go to one of the online insurance brokers and get yourself an instant quote on any motor you fancy. For example
direct line on www.directline.co.uk
That wasn't the question...:-)
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - BobbyG
WHERE TO SEE IF THE CAR IS GONNA BE LOW TO INSURE OR HIGH,

I would have thought obtaining a quote would answer that question? :)
>>>IM LOOKING TO BUY A CAR/MPV BUT CANT FIND OUT WHERE TO SEE IF THE CAR IS GONNA BE LOW TO INSURE OR HIGH,

The choice of car or MPV has still to be made - BobbyG is making it clear that would/could be narrowed down by being aware beforehand in which insurance group various vehicles are listed.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - BobbyG
So is finding out that one is a 5 and the other is a 7 going to make much difference? Or knowing that a 5 will cost £x to insure and a 7 £y not really what he is looking for ultimately?
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - Mapmaker
Oh look, you're all correct.

Finding out if a 5 or a 7 (if you can really be bothered to run through the hundreds of results they throw up for each search) is vaguely useful, but you need to read their disclaimer: 'Please note that insurance group ratings are purely advisory. They are used by insurers (ABI members and Lloyd?s syndicates) as one of the factors in calculating premiums. Insurers are not required to follow the advisory group ratings and they may depart from them if they so wish.' at which point, the AA or Direct line website is the way forward!
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - DavidHM
True I'm afraid... my first car was a group 12 Renault 19 1.7, but cost me less to insure than the Peugeot 306 DT (group 5, albeit four years newer) that I really wanted but couldn't afford.

If a car is initially in a low group, it will remain in that group, but if a car is 'boy racery' or, conversely, has a good claims history, insurers may weight their premiums accordingly.

Insurance groups therefore are indicative, all other things being equal, but are certainly not gospel.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - L'escargot
What Car? magazine gives the insurance group for cars curremtly on sale.
--
L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - Ivor E Tower
What Car? magazine gives the insurance group for cars curremtly on
sale.

...and it also gives a comparative premium, so you can see the likely differences between groups in real-world Pound figures.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - L'escargot
Insurance groups therefore are indicative, all other things being equal, but
are certainly not gospel.

With CIS, all other things being equal, insurance groups are gospel. No unpublicised loadings whatsoever. CIS are the only straightforward and above-board insurance company that I know of. (And no, I don't work for them!)
--
L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - Mapmaker
>>gospel.

Good News? Insurance is never good news!
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - malteser
"Quote me Happy" - now there is an oxymoron.
Roger in Spain
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - Vin {P}
I asked Direct Line (with whom I must say I am exuberantly happy) about groupings and they told me that they don't go off the industry published figures. They now have a big enough database of cars/repair costs, etc that they produce their own figure. Each car is rated on a 100 point scale, and that figure is the one taken into account in your quote.

I didn't ask, but a call to them might result in them sending their list to you.

V
WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSURANCE BANDS - pienmash
well in mpv land sum motors are 5 and sum are 16 ,so it does matter ,now i know all the bands,i now know which cars to do searches for init