Good Car Wax - Al Civic
Hi i used a turtle wax for the first time last night on my car an was disapointed with the results. it was Turtle wax for metalic paint. it left a powdery residue all over the rest of the car when finished buffing. like a thin layer of talc.
can any one recomend a good polish for metalic paint work ?
thanks
Al
Good Car Wax - Car.Trader
Have been Valeting cars for many years and can honestly say i have found nothing better than AUTOGLYM products, there ease of use and superior results speak for themself. You may pay a bit more for them than many other products but in the end you get what you pay for!. Goodluck and let me know how you get on!
Good Car Wax - Vansboy
Take a peek in the archives - plenty input there!

Meguieres (spelling) for me

VB
Good Car Wax - Doc
I have always found MER to be very good; easy to apply and gives an excellent shine.
Halfords sell it.

Good Car Wax - oldtoffee
I think that most polishes/waxes will leave a residue of some sort which with the current weather won't hang around too long! In terms of quality of final result, I'm a convert to Meguiars (spelling?) from Autoglym - both are excellent but I rate the shine from Meguiars as much better and they sell a non-abrasive haze removing paste which I think is called ScratchX or similar and it works brilliantly. They run an excellent website and orders arrive next day if you don't have a local stockist.
Good Car Wax - Ivor E Tower
err, the dust is just the remains of the polish that you rub (or buff) off. Cars always look best the first time that you wash them after waxing them. I've tried various polishes from Simoniz, Turtle Wax and some other stuff, including the "colour-coded" polish, and have currently settled on Autoglym which seems very good. I haven't tried Mer, which is even more expensive than Autoglym but is better, according to some motoring magazine write-ups I have seen. I'm quite happy with the stuff I use, and I still have almost a full bottle to use up.
Good Car Wax - Civic8
As c.t best around cant beat it.
Was mech1
Good Car Wax - Ben {P}
3M Imperial hand glaze.
Good Car Wax - Peter D
Autoglym Super Resin and use their car wash shampoo as well. Regards Peter
Good Car Wax - Marcos{P}
Meguires products are excellent but to finish there is nothing better than this stuff www.zdouk.com/
Also look at this site as it has usefull info and tips www.autopia.org/
Good Car Wax - Marcos{P}
Forgot to mention that the Zymol Concours Glaze is damn expensive but smells great.
Good Car Wax - Ben {P}
Carnauba waxes do give the best shine, but they dont last very long.

Turtle wax gloss guard is a good top coat, lasts well, has come top of the auto express super test for polishes a few years running.
Good Car Wax - Stuartli
I back the AutoGlym suggestion, although the Turtle Wax Colour versions (to match your car colour) are also impressive.

But more important is to clean and polish a vehicle in cool conditions - I've seen people struggling after putting on wax whilst it's hot or sunny, hence the powder residue.