98 xantia td cooling probs - 9000
On the way back from work today I noticed the coolant temp was unusually high- coming up to 90 C. I initially feared the head gasket had sprung a leak but the coolant system isn't overly pressurised and the oil looks clean and mayo free. I then realised that the twin rad fans weren't coming on as they should- I 've just checked the 2 fuses near the battery which are ok so I assume that its a sensor or relay problem. Am I right and where should I start looking now? Many thanks 9000
98 xantia td cooling probs - pienmash
normally when the relay or sensor goes they stay on,coming up 2 90c is not uncomman in those things tho,check ya water pump hasnt sprung a leek,that causes a air lock sometimes and in return the temp goes up,just a thought mate,good luck.think the sensor is housed on the rad itself mate on the left handside when you look down at the rad,couple of quid to buy,also check back of rad for ickle leaks,check all hoses esp the back engine hose.
98 xantia td cooling probs - Tony Bee
Have you washed your radiator recently ?
Six year's dead flies is not pretty.
And the weather ?
Was it hot ?
98 xantia td cooling probs - Civic8
Usualy says the thermoswitch for the fan/fans has packed up.I dont know the Xantia but would try that first.?