Scenic sun roofs & air con - c h a r l e s
I am considering buying a Y-reg 2001 Renault Scenic Dynamique+. It has 2 sun-roofs, both electrically operated. It appears that these are "tilt" only, and don't slide back - is this normal?

Also, when pressing the buttons on the dash to direct the airflow into the car (foot area, to the face etc), there is a noticeable creaking or groaning from behind the fascia, which I imagine may be some flaps are moving to direct the airflow. This lasts for 2 or 3 seconds. Is this normal or is it the first signs of trouble from the system?

Any advice from owners of similar Scenic models would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles
Scenic sun roofs & air con - Altea Ego
I had a 99T scenic from new with two electric sunroofs and aircon.

The sunroofs tilt up, and then another press will slide them up/out/backwards about 1/2 to 3/4 the width of the opening. They dont fully slide in the headlining because there is no room (the front sunroof would hit the back one)

The air distribution systems are electric flaps, and you can faintly hear them. Never had any trouble with the flaps on mine in 4 years.
Scenic sun roofs & air con - Ivor E Tower
Still have 98 "S" scenic bought from new with a/c and electric sunroofs. As RF has said, 2 presses needed to open them but only one press needed to close. Noises after using heater controls are normal, also as RF has said. Had aircon system drained and re-gassed last year after 5 years as a service item - it had not shown any signs of trouble and I hope that what I had done to it will keep it going for another 5 years. There was still plenty of gas left in it last year!
Good luck.
Scenic sun roofs & air con - BobbyG
Charles, I have the exact car as yours - Dynamique+. As previously mentioned, sunroofs tilt and then slide back. It has climate control and, yes, you will hear a light noise when vents are opening but nothing to worry about.

What engine is in it? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much is it going for?
Scenic sun roofs & air con - c h a r l e s

Many thanks for all the replies. We went back to the dealer and tried the sunroofs again and they do slide back.

BobbyG - We haggled the price down to 8k, with 6mths road tax thrown in. The car (1.6 petrol) has done a guaranteed 12500 miles. The docuementation history shows that the 1st owner only covered 9000 miles in his first 2 years of ownership, then 3500 in his last year, so its barely run in.

All the price guides I've seen (with mileage adjustment) suggest that we've got a good deal. 3 months warranty is included, but we may supplement this by one for 12 months from Warranty direct or similar...
Scenic sun roofs & air con - Ivor E Tower
Good luck - now just take it out for a nice long drive to blow the cobwebs out of it! Make sure aircon system is working OK and supplies plenty of cold air - maybe worth getting it re-gassed as car has not had much use so far....
As to buying an extended warranty it is hard to tell whether or not this would be worth it - maybe just for peace of mind if you can pay monthly and each payment is not too big - NB if you do this, pay the extra for aircon etc to be covered.
Happy motoring!