Hyhundai 1.5 MVi 9000mls - worth ? - Peter C
My father in law has just given up driving at 81. He has owned his Hyhundai 1.5 MVi from new. It is a 98R with metallic silver paint. It even has a leather covered steering wheel, alloy wheels and a boot spoiler.The mileage is 9102.A new clutch has just been fitted. What is it worth ?

He has kindly given it to my wife. She is thinking of keeping it to replace her underpowered 97 4 door Astra with 80,000 on the clock.The 1.4 Astra is underpowered but convenient for our two young children with 4 doors and central locking.

The Hyhundai is rather nippy but in my opinion hideous but then I will not be driving it.
Hyhundai 1.5 MVi 9000mls - worth ? - DavidHM
I was going to say £1,500 on a good day, roughly the same as the Astra. However the only two cars matching the description on AutoTrader are both being offered at a ludicrous £3k, so perhaps a little more might be achievable.

While the low mileage means the car is almost certainly cosmetically perfect, if your father's driving style can kill a clutch in 9k miles, what can it do to the rest of the car? This is likely to be a classic case of a car that's never been run in and is suffering all of the problems of under use, which will then whither when put to the more extensive use your wife will make of it.

Personally, if the Astra's not doing the job and the Hyundai is just hideous, I'd get shot of both and get one car to do the job.