Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - gttrd
I have bought an automatic got it handy now i want to convert it to manual.
I am looking for parts or info on what other models may have the stuff i reguire ie gearbox and flywheel pedal box ect.

Im ireland based

Any help would be appreciated
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - Dizzy {P}
Could be a very big job, with lots of surprising differences between the two! I think your only source of manual parts will be either from a Carlton or Senator with the same engine, and probably most of these were automatics.

I think the Carlton used a Getrag manual box (certainly the 2000 did). This is a very good box but I would definitely want to stay with the automatic if it was my car, it's one of the best! No contest in my view.
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - redviper
Personally I would stick with the Automatic, but if you want to do it, then be prepered for a BIG job, and a lot of hassle. ........correct me if im wrong, but i think the Automatic version will be designed around to take auto gearboxes only so i cant be shure that dropping a manual in would work.

Ste

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - NitroBurner
Excellent choice of car - I had a 12V for 10 years & never was there a dull moment with it! - but why do you want to change it to a stick?

Be a lot less hassle just to buy another...

Enjoy it anyway.
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - Phil G
Auto is better anyway, and conversion would be a major hassle. If you must sell it and buy a manual.
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - Donny_S2003
snip

Hope this is of more help to you

Not really, because I deleted it. If there\'s one thing guaranteed to annoy me, it\'s people who write here using text message language abbreviations.

U this, Ur that, U\'ll this and m8 that. Spelling mistakes I can tollerate, but text language style posts will get zapped. Queens English please - just like you were taught at school.

DD. BR Moderator.
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - Rosey
Hey you, i agree with everyone else that it will be a big job and if you can source a manual it will be alot less time & trouble but they are becoming few and far between. On the other hand i have a manual GSI 24v and cant imagine having as much fun if it was an auto. Long sweeping bends and roundabouts are so much more fun when your going through on opposite lock feathering the accelerator at the top of third gear. The driving also feels alot better with more control over the gears! But thats just my personal opinion.
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - Collos25
THe conversion is nigh on impossible,as there are so many many parts to change Gerbox, diff,pedal array.injection unit ,ECU,pipework the list goes on.And the cost on what is a basically a worthless car.If it was a Lotus version then thats different.If you were to look at the original performance data then you would see the auto is as quick as the manual .
Also you do not really drive like that on open roads (Rosey).
Carlton Gsi 3000 24v - Cyd
I'm with Rosey on this. I converted an SD1 V8 from auto to manual - but it was quite easy because there were no body mods and I simply used a knackered old manual as a donor for it's engine & box plus all the bits.

It was my last rear drive car (fairly mod'd too) - got rid of it about 7 or 8 years ago now and have regretted it ever since. Aaahhh, oversteer. The grin used to cut the top of my head off.

Search and search until you find a manual - there must be one out there.