What would you do ? - doog
I collected my new car on Saturday. A vectra on a 53 plate with 7000 miles. Purchased from a local dealer with a good reputation.

Within 3 days I found the following faults :

1. Cigarette burn on roof lining instantly obvious and not there when i put the deposit down last week.

2. Creaking front suspension (which is an issue with new Vectras apparently.)

3. Exhaust blowing.

4. Panel on steering wheel containg radio buttons fell off having been subject to previous bodged repair.

5. Rattle in drivers door.

6. Dispute over mileage . stock list stated 7100 miles,on test drive was pretty sure it was 7200 and on delivery it was 7800. Vehicle also looked like it had been driven through a field,dirty engine bay ( spotless on test drive )mud and straw caked underneath vehicle.

I took it back and they have promised to repair all the faults but argued slightly that the cig burn was there when I purchased it. The only problem is that this has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I spent 10k on a nearly new car and now face the hassle of them having it back for two days,the issue with the suspension looks like it may be protracted according to a Vauxhall website.....do I go along the route of asking for my money back..(I also part exe'd a car so would have get that back)..or face the insecurity of the poss suspension problems,and see how they manage to repair the roof lining and sort the other probs? Indeed am I actually entitled to a refund?

Anyone been in the same situation?
What would you do ? - Dynamic Dave
The creaky front suspension is also a feature on previous Vectra's as well as some Astra's and Corsa's.

If bought from a main Vaux dealer, then I imagine you were given a Network Q warranty, along with the Manufacturers and remaining 2 years as well?

If so, then under the T's & C's of the Network Q warranty you have a 30 day exchange policy,

vauxhall.co.uk/networkQ/about/cars30dayExchange.jh...l

I knew someone who bought a 6 month old Corsa that was riddled with problems. It spent more time in the garage in the 1st month than on the persons drive. Garage exchanged it for a similar age / mileage Corsa without quibling.

They were a main dealer up until recently I believe, hence no network Q and 30 day exchange. Interestingly enough I yo yo'd between this garage and the main dealer,main dealer being notably more expensive which is understandable.
What would you do ? - spinner
I'd reject it on the grounds that it was not of satisfactory quality. Not easy to do, but that seems like the only solution.
What would you do ? - umistim
With the exeption of the cigarette burn, all the problems should be fairly easily repairable by a reputable garage and if you are satisfied that the car was a good deal at the time, why would you want to get a refund? The question of the mileage, well whats another 800 miles, its hardly going to cause much additional wear.
What would you do ? - Mapmaker
And no offence meant, but are you certain that the cigarette burn was there? No matter HOW carefully I go over a car, there are little niggling holes that I didn't spot at the time.
I agree that the faults should be easily rectified..apart from the cigarette burn..which I didn't mention was head height on roof lining,eye level, corner of door pillar and windscreen......right in line of sight..as you glance 45 degrees right...."basically in your face"..and wasnt there when i inspected / drove the vehicle.....

its this thats upset me more than anything..there is no chance that they will replace whole roof lining.....and they agree they cannot but will attempt repair.........we will see!

anyway have followed advice on Vauxhall site re creaking suspension and put WD40 on radiator mounts top and bottom......all now quiet for now believe it or not! which beggers the question should Joe public who has just purchased a ten grand car have to resort to WD 40....me thinks not..