VW Alloy Wheel Search! - Wee Willie Winkie
Good morning all,

I’m not sure if this should be in technical, or even classifieds – but it is basically a ‘wanted’ ad.

I have a 1997 Passat, which has steel rims. I’m looking to replace the existing rims with genuine VW alloys. I’ve contacted my local dealer and have been quoted £200 plus tyre plus fitting plus VAT per wheel!!

I’ve had a hunt around e-bay, and called a few breakers, but nothing seems to be available.

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to where I should hunt next?

Cheers

DB
VW Alloy Wheel Search! - madf
Try Ebay or Exchange and Mart or AutoTrader

madf

VW Alloy Wheel Search! - kennybase
Have you tried German Sweedish and French Car Parts? Whenever I've been into the local branch in Southampton, they've had VW Alloys in there.

A quick search on their website throws up prices under £100 but you local branch will probably be able to help you out better.

Google search GSF Car Parts gives their website.

VW Alloy Wheel Search! - borasport20
have you tried any of the VW car magazines ?

--
just 'cos I know what I'm saying doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about

VW Alloy Wheel Search! - Ben {P}
The online forum at performance vw magasine used to have a lot of stuff for sale. Ihave sold many items there.
VW Alloy Wheel Search! - puntoo
Try these on ebay, they have only just come on with a reserve of £250.

VW ALLOY WHEELS - PASSAT MODEL - NO RESERVE! Item number: 2477314657

VW Alloy Wheel Search - I've seen some! - Wee Willie Winkie
Thanks puntoo, I've just spotted these myself. They look preeety nice.

The only thing is it says they fit all current Passat models. Mine is a 1997 model. Now I know the current model is essentially a make-over, but I'm dubious as to if these wheels would fit. The fitment is:

5 stud x 112 PCD with a ET37 offset.

I know I'm getting technical so really I should be next door, but please could anyone confirm if these wheels would be a-ok?

Many thanks.

DB
VW Alloy Wheel Search - I've seen some! - Andy P
According to Tyresave, the Passat from '96 on used a 5-stud fitting, PCD 112mm with 35-40mm offset (www.tyresave.co.uk/fitment.html#VOLK), so it would appear that these wheels are in the right ballpark. If you want to be certain, give them a call.

Andy
VW Alloy Wheel Search - I've seen some! - Wee Willie Winkie
Thanks for that. I've just called my local VW dealer who have confirmed they are ok.

Right - off to do some bidding!