Scenic II - wiper setup?? - andy76
Can anyone here with a new Scenic confirm how the front wipers are setup?
I noticed that on mine they are setup for LHD in effect, so not only does it not fully sweep the drivers side, but on the return sweep it flicks water across the screen.
Surely a bad mistake when converting to RHD?
Usually the wipers are swapped over too?

Is this the same on ALL Scenic II models?
Scenic II - wiper setup?? - rustbucket
You are right it is a bit odd however I have not really found it a problem in clearing the screen, but then I have been driving a Galaxy which is far worse for clearing the drivers side of the screen so anything in comparison is an improvement.

rustbucket (the original)
Scenic II - wiper setup?? - jc
Ford and one or two other manufacturers use totally different wiper set-ups for RHD/LHD(not Galaxy which is made by VW).Most continental manufacturers rely on their LHD wiper pattern meeting the minimum legal requirement for RHD wiper pattern and do nothing more.
Scenic II - wiper setup?? - AR-CoolC
Is this the same on ALL Scenic II models?

Yes, but what you have is a double action wiper on what is now the driver side, this pushes the wiper up into the top corner to help clear more of the screen.
As found on:
Renault Clio
Ford Focus C-Max
BMW 7
And many more.

I suspect it is much cheaper in the long run to have this type os set-up rather than producing a mirror image wiper motor, wiper arms, scuttle panel, lower windscreen couling, possibly wiring loom differences, etc.

One of those future trends I would say.

(Glass-Tech)