Rover 414 SLi 'M' Reg - warning light... - unnameable
Hi,

recently bought a 414 SLi with 76k miles for £500, and it's been running well, albeit with a knackered exhaust. I've noticed a couple of quirks and am just wondering what they could be....

1) When putting my foot down in first gear (and occasionally second) a light on the dash flickers on (the light that is on when you have the handbrake on). No change in power/running at all. Is this just another of Rovers electrical oddities?

2) The front driver's side of the car seems to sit a little lower than the passenger side...no more than 1/2 an inch or so. The shock absorber seems ok (balances out after one dip etc). Is this just a case of the shock being on it's way out?

Ta in advance!
Marc
Rover 414 SLi 'M' Reg - warning light... - Civic8
Have you checked brake master cylinder fluid level?
trailing arm bushes can cause that to happen?
Rover 414 SLi 'M' Reg - warning light... - unnameable
I'll have to double check the fluid level, although I'm pretty sure it was ok when I bought the car last month.

I suppose the sagging on the drivers side could be related to the slight rumble when driving above 60mph....I've had it up on a ramp at Budget, and they checked for any travel in the front wheels (front to back, and side to side) and he said it was fine. The tyre is wearing a bit uneven though....wearing quicker on the inside edge of the tyre, which makes me think it also needs the tracking done.

Rover 414 SLi 'M' Reg - warning light... - Civic8
It`s unlikely the problem would be down to wheel bearing but then not impossible.I would suggest getting tracking done.as the bearings on the rover are fairly reliable.front wishbone bushes may cause it.I noticed you did not mention if there was any play in track rod ends.but as you said no side to side movement could point to wishbone bushes.but need a bit more info.usually if trackrod ends are at fault you will hear it?