Car Insurance - VTiredeyes
Hi all.
I have been looking at insurance, (done a search on here, latest i could find was jan 2003)
I want to insure me and the wife on two cars.
Wanted to know the best, cheapest company.
i think esure are ok, always happy to talk, but direct line, i couldnt understand the girl i spoke 2 2day, when i asked her to speak up, she was really rude, like she couldnt be bothered to talk to me, kept saying "is that it?"
like the look of sainsburys, esure, norwich union, and frizzel(with liverpool/victoria now?) what about More than?
has anybody got any ideas has how to insure which car with who first? shall i insure saab cabriolet with the wife as main driver and me as second, and the rav4 d4d me as main and wife as second? both with same company or different companys?
itrs weird, cos i have come out of compay car after 8 years.
any advice greatly received :-)
Car Insurance - Doc
Have a look at : www.confused.com/

They do the searching for you.

Car Insurance - DavidHM
If your wife has NCB and you don't (although this may be obtianable because of your company car history) then she should probably be the main proposer. Some companies will then add this NCB to your name as well. (I believe Volvoman and his wife benefitted significantly from this).

However you must be completely honest with the insurance comapny - which means that the main driver of each car should be clear, the amount of mileage per year, etc.

As to which will offer the lowest quote - it's impossible to say. More Th>n and esure both seem to be going for your section of the market, but I couldn't say whether they would even quote you, let alone offer you the best price.
Car Insurance - VTiredeyes
Thanks for that.
yes i would be totally honest with them, i cannot see the point in lying for Approx 35 grand worth of cars.
it would not be in my best interest. im getting around £507 quotes for the wife, with me fully comp with sainsburys. on the saab cab. My wife does 2900 miles a year and i do around 20000 a year, so we are going to swopping cars every month. to increase her mileage, and decrease mine. no point in mow mileage cars these days, you dont get a lot back for them, but average miles look much better. people get put off, asking why is it that low mileage? weird huh. like this 19Kmile puma im selling. 3 years old should have 36kmiles.
Car Insurance - hxj

I would try Frizzell first, particularly if you can belong to one of the organisations that they do better deals with such as the CSMA. When I renewed in March this year no-one else came within 10% of their quote. Sainsbury's were a 1/3 more and e-sure a 1/4 more.

None of the insurers you menton like cars that do more than 10,000 miles a year.

The cover is good, the service is good as well, and they also help out with awkward situations.

Car Insurance - No Do$h
I second that HXJ.

My wife and I had both been insured on our previous spouses policies with Frizzell so our NCD was a bit muddy to say the least. As we had both been named drivers on our spouses policies we ended up getting offered an "introductory" NCD that matched our previous spouses record.

We subsequently purchased a second car for Mrs ND. When we approached Frizzell and explained that we would want to be named drivers on each other's car and would need full business use, Frizzell suggested that we simply put both cars on the same policy, clearly stating the respective ownership and main drivers, and applied out full NCD (now 70.5% protected) to both.

Result!

Service following an accident last year was first rate and premiums very reasonable.

www.Liverpool-Victoria.co.uk

I used to work for LV but left to set up my own business a little over a year ago. The premiums beat all the other insurers hands-down. It's worth noting that you get additional discount if you have other products with the company (life assurance, banking, insurance).

ND
Car Insurance - Kuang
The Michael Winner adverts have ensured that I wouldn't consider using Esure - I'd hate to be paying that man's wages in any way, no matter how small ;)
Car Insurance - patently
Thank you, Kuang. I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone...
Car Insurance - daveyjp
In that case don't use Sainsburys either - they sell e-sure backed insurance!
Car Insurance - Solunauk
The Co-Op, otherwise known as CIS, recently beat all companies I tried, including Confused.com and Esure, by at least 50 quid. We're both in our forties, car is IG 12, four years NCB. Their staff are friendly and helpful. The only drawback is that they get all your details on the phone to give you a quote, and then they want to send an agent round to your house to take all the details AGAIN and issue the cover note/certificate - dark ages, or what! I got round this by creating a stink and saying they would lose my business if they didn't offer a faster, more streamlined method. I ended up going into their local office where someone issued the cover note the next day - I was in a hurry. Not too much trouble for saving 50 quid, really.
Car Insurance - Nsar
Hats off to the BR for pointing me to Liverpool Victoria - having had the full inept call centre treatment from Tesco who in the space of 3 hours quoted me £750 and then £1050 for the same cover and wouldn't honour the first quote I have had a much cheaper quote from LV and they now have a new customer.
I'm still waiting for a call back from a Tesco supervisor - they're going to be disappointed....

Car Insurance - MisterMethane
Co Op have an on line service at

www.cis.co.uk