VW Polo Clutch - stuartjw
I have a H reg VW Polo Coupe GT and was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

The Clutch seems to have started slipping. It only does it sometimes though. I drove it 120 miles this morning on the motorway and it did not slip once (Was in fifth gear all the way). Then I came off at the junction to work and stopped at the lights. The clutch started to slip now. The thing is I was doing 80 - 90 all the way down the motorway and going to overtake put my foot down and it never slipped even up long banks.

It does slip if you even rest your foot on the pedal quite lightly. Could it need readjusting because the haynes manual does not seem to tell you how to do this. Is this a sign its on its way out and if so how many miles do they have left and what would be a good price to have it changed.

Thanks for any help.
VW Polo Clutch - Peter D
The adjustor is automatic but if your bite is quite high up and you have done 90k miles then I'm afraid it is about to fail. They fail quickly on Polo's from an odd slip to no drive in 200 miles. Easy to change. Regards Peter
VW Polo Clutch - stuartjw
The car has got 135,000 miles on it. It has been doing this for about 5,000 miles - Is this still likely to be the clutch. The haynes manual says the gearbox has to come out to change the clutch - How much would that cost?

Thanks again