rear speakers on Omega - RobertH
Hi all
can anyone help me I have a Omega 2.5 CDX 1998 and would like to fit speakers on the parcel shelf as opposed to the door speakers are the wires there or will i have to re route the speaker cables I have got to have a look sooner or later as if I put the heated rear screen on the radio goes all crackly and it goes of station Ive heard its something to do wuth the heating elements

Thanks all

rear speakers on Omega - SpamCan61 {P}
Surely a CDX should have rear speakers in the parcel shelf anyway? I'm pretty sure my '95 CD has. Anways removing the parcel shelf is a bit of a fiddly job; it was discussed recently over on the yahoo 'omega_owners' group, probably worth checking that out if you haven't already.
rear speakers on Omega - Chad.R
.... I have got to have a look sooner or later as if I put the heated rear screen on the radio goes all crackly and it goes of station Ive heard its something to do wuth the heating elements...

IIRC the radio antenna is integrated into the rear window heating element.

Chad.
rear speakers on Omega - Sooty Tailpipes
Isn't that a bad earth that the heater and aerial amplifier share?
I seem to recall that being on the omega_owners forum on yahoo too, but didn't pay too much attention due to not having a problem.

I'll check where the wires come from in a bit for you.
rear speakers on Omega - SpamCan61 {P}
IIRC the radio antenna is integrated into the rear window heating element.

Yes it is; and the system is complete carp. I think I'd do better with a bent coat hanger. The 'bee sting' fitted to the estates gives me far better reception.
rear speakers on Omega - Civic8
If you have a fader control use it to tell you if rear speakers are there.fader controls the balance between front and rear speakers.sounds possibly like the earial amp is causing the crackling.but as has been said a bad earth will do same thing.but then screen type earials have never been that good.
rear speakers on Omega - Sooty Tailpipes
On mine, the audio wires appear to come up the driver's side behind the side cushion of the backrest of the rear seat - next to the rear door. They go to an amp under the parcel shelf and the speakers themselves have wires going to the amp. I presume if you have parcel shelf speaker wires, they'll come from that corner of the boot. The speakers on mine are easily visible from either side of the parcel shelf.

There were some sets of suitable VDO ones on ebay a while back.
Hi Again sooty
nice to hear from you again
ref my speakers I thought of buying some speakers that did not need me to cut out the back panel if the wires were there i would just connect them and super glue the speakers to the back panel but i could not find the wires i thought i could get to the wires from the kick panel but dont know if i can, ill have a look and see if they are here and connect them

thanks again

bob Cave
rear speakers on Omega - ukrds
Hi
Did you sort out the Radio problem. I have just posted a similar problem with my CDX.
Dave
Hi dave
Yes i did sort the problem i was thinking of taking all the back parcel shelf of and kept putting it of .but i was talking to a friend in the pub as you do when he said have you checked your rear screen for a break i said no well the gist is kget a kettle in car let it steam till the rear window is completly misted up then switch on this i did and lo and behold the top 2 lines was not working i then used a multimeter to find the break then got some of that elecric paste from motor factors £2.50 painted it on bingo job done never no trouble since. Apparently it makes electric noise acroos the break and the amplifier applifies the noise. At sometime in its life someone must have caught it and broke element. hope it helps

Bob
rear speakers on Omega - scotty
When I first got mine some idiot dealer had damaged the top couple of heater elements removing a previous dealer's window sticker. I repaired as best I could with the silver paint stuff and all was well for a few months then I started getting bad radio reception. I realised it was when I switched the heated rear window on. Once I removed the silver stuff the reception was fine again. Now I just put up with the duff elements.

BTW just how many of the contributors here on matters Omega are also members of the Yahoo group? I post there occasaionally and pick up a lot of good advice. The Doc's advice on front wheel alignment really helped!