How not to sell your car..... - memyself-aye
I have noticed that most people, when advertising their car for sale using a notice in the car make basic mistakes.
If i am in the market for a used car, and see one on (or off) the road, I want to know TWO things and two things only
1. HOW MUCH
2. CONTACT NUMBER
any thing else is IRRELEVENT (at that stage)
Why do folks insist on quoting every small detail except the two things passing motorists have time to absorb.
TIP - if you quote a price and telephone number ONLY (big letters please), anyone interested will stop and look! anything else is a waste of time! - unless you are offering services which are illegal in the UK, everyone understands the meaning of big white notice in the back of a car: you don't even need to say 'for sale'
In case you are sceptical, I was flagged down one night in Birmingham's tunnel system by a buyer because these details were all I had in the back window of a car i was selling and he understood this.
No I'm not in advertising............

How not to sell your car..... - Colin M
Completely agree. Just made up a couple of signs for mates car with just details you mentioned, except for a little eye candy added a picture of the starship Enterprise as the car must have been owned by Capt Kirk.

How not to sell your car..... - king arthur
The funniest ones are the ones where they very helpfully describe the car as being in "good condition". Or tell you what reg it is.
How not to sell your car..... - dba
or the ad's in autotrader that say 'previous celbrity owner'. like i give a toss!