Anyone tried using easydyno? (easydyno.com) - peter
Anyone tried using easydyno? (easydyno.com) look at their site first.

This looks like one of those ideas that is so simple it must work! The electronics and recording mechanism is very basic but would appear to capture the necessary data. Some experimenting would appear to be necessary to set up the PC in the first place. I would guess that it is important that the tape recorder records and plays back at the same speed (ie use the same device).

If you have access to a straight flat piece of road with no head/ tail wind it looks as tho you should be able to achieve repeatable results.

However everything is dependent on the rigorousness that has been applied to the mathematical theory and software development. If the software behind the displays is as polished as the display interface it should be good. But maybe he is a graphic designer....
Re: Anyone tried using easydyno? (easydyno.com) - Ben Chapman
You can work out peak horsepower quite accurately by measauring the top speed of the car. The guy states on the web page that the software is 100% accurate as far as he is aware. Doesnt sound very scientific to me. All it could evey calculate would be power at the wheels. The only accurate way to determine flywheel power is to use an engine dyno. I cant see how this software would mean you would not have to visit a dyno. An serious modification will require the car to be retuned to realise the its benefit- this can only be done properly on an engine dyno. Even Dave Vizard in his excellent book on tuning a series engines says he may only get within 10% of an optimum result without the benefit of a rolling road.

Ben
Re: Anyone tried using easydyno? (easydyno.com) - peter
I agree with what you say about top speed, but this is power output at the given revs only (not necessarily peak revs, depending upon shape of curves). The advantage of the easydyno method (my understanding) must be that it can make measurements thro the complete rev range, and the rate of change of speed (ie accelaration) at an instaneous given speed must be of signifcance as this will dictate the shape of the power / performance curves. Or is it only a measure of the torque? We need somebody with better applied maths skills I think....
Re: Anyone tried using easydyno? (easydyno.com) - Tomo
It is not going to work with an automatic?