Mileage disclaimer stickers - Marc
Until today I hadn't seen one of these for about 14 years. The stickers I refer to are the ones with weasel words stuck over the speedo disclaiming mileage responsibility.

Problem was the car was an approved used at a main dealer therefore I'm a bit suspicious. I didn't have time to query it at the time as it was just a quick cursory inspection (intend to perhaps go back at weekend)

Am I right to be suspicious or has the dealer just not had time to verify the mileage yet? Is this standard practice at all dealers nowadays? The car I'm looking does has v low mileage (15k on a 00X)
Mileage disclaimer stickers - Sooty Tailpipes
No, it's pretty standard, I have still seen them recently, it's just the tin-hat mentality that's taken over the country!
Mileage disclaimer stickers - Altea Ego
I remember a car dealer in Hounslow. He wound the speedo of every car he sold to 000000 - ie zero, then stuck a disclaimer label on.
Mileage disclaimer stickers - king arthur
No need to be suspicious. By law, the dealer has to place this sticker if he cannot verify the mileage.
Mileage disclaimer stickers - Marc
And how do they verify the mileage?

This car had two service stamps from the original supplying dealer, the same one that is selling the car no (although the second one at 12k had tippex on the mileage entry - groan)

The car was traded in by it's one private owner against a new car

I'm going to have to interrogate the dealer further...
Mileage disclaimer stickers - Andrew-T
You ask the dealer to see the V5, and contact the 'one previous owner' and ask him - the owner's name may also be in the handbook. Dealer should also be able to give you a printout of their servicing record, showing parts used, etc.
Mileage disclaimer stickers - kithmo
And how do they verify the mileage?
This car had two service stamps from the original supplying dealer,
the same one that is selling the car no (although the
second one at 12k had tippex on the mileage entry -
groan)
The car was traded in by it's one private owner against
a new car
I'm going to have to interrogate the dealer further...

All you have to do is contact the supplying dealer that did the services and verify the mileage at the time of the services. If it's a Ford dealer they will have the information on their computer.
Mileage disclaimer stickers - Oz
If it's a Ford dealer they will have the information on their >> computer.

Same applies at BMW dealerships.
As far as I know the microchip on each main key also records the mileage data as at last usage.
Oz (as was)