Noisy Fuel Pump - Renault 5 - R5Alex
Hi All,

I have had a look around the forum and not seen any answers so here goes:

I have a \'95 Renault 5 1.4 with approx 80K milage, serviced according to schedule etc.

Recently when I switch off the engine after driving, I notice that there is a whining from the back of the car which stops a few seconds after the engine is switched off. It sounds like what I would expect a pump to sound like when spooling down.

Having a look around I\'m pretty sure that it\'s the fuel pump. If this is the case are these early symptoms that it might be on it\'s way out? (there has been no noticeable change in performance or efficiency)
I just want to know if I should think about replacing it.

Thanks

Alex.
Noisy Fuel Pump - Roger Jones
If you take it to a garage, they'll probably say it's on the way out and you should replace it. They may be right. On the other hand you could carry on for years with it being noisy and fully functional, as I did with an Audi 100. Others with better technical knowledge may have a different verdict.
Noisy Fuel Pump - Renault 5 - Civic8
Do you get the same thing when turning ignition on?
Noisy Fuel Pump - Renault 5 - R5Alex
No that I can detect (tried it this morning). It seems only to occur after I have switched the ignition off after a run (doesn' t happen if I just fire up and idle).